MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right ive always got 2>3 cars one for best (the zed :angel: ) and one to run round in (td mondeo) and one to sell . i wont to change the Mondeo which i use for shopping and things . now the mondeo is nice , its lowered 80mm and has 17" five spokes on its very clean and debadged, but it has to go , ive got £6 >£7k to spend on a replacement ,

Question is wot should i get , i like 4x4s(as a second car) and have seen a very nice fat boy vitara by me on a R reg mint £5.5 k and it looks the nuts and its silver like the zed , anyone got any ideas , thought of a scooby doo to ;) insurance isnt a problem so im just stuck for ideads.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
There's a very nice Honda CR-V round by me, black, tints, aloys, lowered, de-badged etc.. might be worth considering, certainly over a vitara.. :zip:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thing is with the vitara they do seam more show than value , but the one down the road looks the nuts, and i forgot to tell you

"it has got to be able to tow and launch my jetski from the beach as the mondeo got stuck in the sand last year lol "

·
Registered
43 Posts
i read and herd on a Car TV programme (quentin wilson i think) that the steering gets boll*ck'd when u take it near a speed bump, not too sure what it was tho... it i'll be in the tinternet somewhere..... personally, 4 what u want to do... Jeep Cheeroke 2.5TD Limited.... had one as a T-Reg and its awesome on and off road ability.... plus u never see any done up... u could be the first !

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
If you want a phat boy 4*4 go for a Mitsubishi Pajero Evolution. it has the 3.5l V6 out of the FTO with the MIVEC head, 280bhp and looks like it has just come in from the Dakar!

·
Registered
187 Posts
If you want the Vitara then go for it!! I had an L-reg fat boy - bright red, loads of chrome & huge wheels - looked mint!!! Got rid of it cause I couldn't keep it going with petrol at the time lol! :cool1:

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
I had a 1.6 phat boy convertable, cool in the summer freakin cold in the winter, looks the muts nuts, but i got fed up with the "all show no go" situation. I say get a mitsu 'animal' crew cab... with all the bling.

·
1,626 Posts
For 8K how about a nissan x trail? they are the best 4x4

Or a subaru forester ?

I first thought you meant something silly like a caterham!

·
Registered
142 Posts
what about a toyota rav-4? my mum had one of the original shapes, and the 2.0 litre is pretty nippy, handles well all things considering, and they have room for 20" s under the arches, theres a well nice piccy of a black one on project kahn's website, plus it'l run pretty much for ever, and they quite cheap to now i think!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts