MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"two infinitys, and beyond"
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waaaah i was coming home from the cinema with my bird in the car down a country lane which then goes into a quiet village.
As i came into the Village i noticed a police car pulled into a little turn off which suddenly pulled out and followed me for about 5 miles then pulled me over and fined me for having my fog lights on :\/ Grrrr only had em on coz i was comin home down some bad country lane and its easier to see the hedges and if anythin is in the road.
Forgot to turn em off and now i hav to pay £30 :\/

He also accussed me of doin 40 in a 30 and i argued back at him sayin no way, i knew u were following me i wouldnt of been stupid enough to of done that.

Nothing better to do at all :\
as i was walkin back to my ZR a boy racer Corsa came wizzin past and this police car went shooting past after it and pulled it over a few yards up the road i just went past merryly, didnt have the balls to put the fog lights back on though lol

·
Registered
393 Posts
The corsa that passed was probably darrens :up:

I got pulled up for havin my fog lights on when i had my saxo 2 years ago. Eventhough it actually was foggy!!!! to$$ers.

The fog cleared abit as i continued todrive through warrington into runcorn and they argued wit me sayin i should of turned them off when it began to clear. Got big fat fine!!

Wish they'd attempt to catch some real criminals instead of targeting the easy target.

G

·
The more they nick the better. They are called "fog lights" for a reason!

Perhaps once a few people pick up a few fines/points then they might realise that :wallb:

·
Registered
ZR 105 (IAB) ZR+120 (HQM)
1,369 Posts
Light Sabre said:
The more they nick the better. They are called "fog lights" for a reason!

Perhaps once a few people pick up a few fines/points then they might realise that :wallb:

Agreed. The law is that fog lights must only be used when visibility is reduced to less than 100 metres by fog. I've been dazzled by twits with fog lights on 3 times this evening. :twisted: :wallb:

·
Registered
167 Posts
law

That 100m law only stands for the rear fog light as the front forg lights are too low to dazzle people!! According to a Pass Plus lesson i had a while ago!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Re: law

foolish_nath said:
That 100m law only stands for the rear fog light as the front forg lights are too low to dazzle people!! According to a Pass Plus lesson i had a while ago!
Well mate, if that's what your instructor told you, then he/she was either confused as to what you were asking, plain wrong or you misunderstood him/her. That is not a mistake a competent instructor should make.

Law applies to front and rear fogs.

Driving manual quotes:

"You should only use fog lights when visibility is seriously reduced, to 100 mtrs (328 feet) or less. You must not use fog lights in any other circumstances, because they can dazzle or distract other drivers."

Lights MUST be turned off when visibilty improves...............

(It does not say anything about being allowed for posing purposes :x: )

If visibilty IS less than 100 mtrs and you DO need to use fogs, then of course your speed may also need to reduce accordingly.

But, then we all knew that, yeh..................... :lcop:

Anyone who has followed some dickhead with his rear fogs on a clear dark country lane, or had a muppet with the front fogs on following on the same road, will appreciate they are more than a little annoying and bordering on downright dangerous.

Rear fogs can also obscure your brake lights making 'em less visible.

Very few people actually get their use correct. Sometimes the best way of getting the message across is to fine a few peeps, that way the messge is quickly passed around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts