MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got busted 2 times in 2 days for my plates!

Was actually a while back but thought i'd share the pics as it's 1.36am and i'm killing time.

I had the last laugh though i still managed to raise a smile

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
Andy MGZR120 said:
Got busted 2 times in 2 days for my plates!

Was actually a while back but thought i'd share the pics as it's 1.36am and i'm killing time.

I had the last laugh though i still managed to raise a smile

I fought the law & the law won :cop: .

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
andy was that the time they nearly threw you in the back of the cop car coz you were "having a bad day"???

·
Registered
12,564 Posts

one on the left is saying "can i ride shotgun?"

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Have they (PLOD) got Fook all better to do than harass motorists.....should go out & catch some real criminals

I'll put a bet that the "Male" officer was just "Showin off" to his "Female" collegue....

I can hear it now " watch me give this guy a hard time over his No plate"

Had this meself ......ended up bein handcuffed by a plod called "Laptop"..(he was only bout 5 foot 2)...spoke to his inspector even he called him "Laptop"

(Because he was a small P.C.!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was angry because i'd been gone 2 mins and had a parking fine then they came over and did me for my plates :wallb:

They were illegal font, spacing was illegal and the slogon below read 'KISS MY ZRSE' and was deemed offensive.

Yes Novaload i was nearly arrested as i kept reffering to them as Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and when they told me to stop i called them PC Wanker and PC Ugly :lcop: oops... thats was an expensive weekend £90 in pointless fines :wallb:

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
TBH tho, if the police pull you, whether YOU think they are in the wrong or not. They know what THEY think and there's no point arguing, just grin and bare it and call them a cock AFTER they've gone...peeps that shout away at them are only goin to get them mad AND make them want to pull people again so they can regain their feeling of superiority,

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
I got fined at guildford for my plates...illegal font....they said if they catch me agin with em on they will fine me again...and they also said they can take my plate of me??? :x:

So now when i go up there i put my legal plates on :up: Have seen loads of coppers with em on and theyve been cool, think it was just cos i was at a cruise i got stopped :up:

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
jib, i think Andy was just a bit pissed off. andy is generally a "good boy" when it comes to cops. well most of the time!

i personally have had different plates on my old SR nova, i had been driving her for a good 4/5months when this happened!

the copper walked up and took my details, then said to me that he couldnt read the number plate, i mean its not as if its that bad a font!! was so pissed off that night the bonnet gain 3 K&N bolt holes from where i punched it!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
One good reason......

The best thing to do is just go with the flow, they can seize your plates for evidence in court if they dont want to fine you, or you wont accept the fine. At the end if the day thought, the law states regulations for number plates and if your plates dont comply i dont really think in terms of the law you have a leg to stand on, however cool they may look.

I can though think of a good reason to have legal plates. Some forces have those cameras that read your number plate as you pass the camera, they dont measure speed I dont think but the computer runs your plate through the database. If you've had your car nicked and it goes past one of these cameras the reg would come back as a hot motor and you may get your car back, however if the camera cant read your plate because it doesnt conform to the regulations it wont register your car, could be handy.

:lcop:

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Re: One good reason......

Yellow MG said:
could be handy.

or not as if you car is stolen with you fancy plates on then you'l not get the car back if it cant read the plates!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Re: One good reason......

Novaload said:
Yellow MG said:
could be handy.

or not as if you car is stolen with you fancy plates on then you'l not get the car back if it cant read the plates!
thats the point he was making about having legal plates..

:wallb:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts