MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a headunit fitted and they broke asked halfords and they said it was just conincidence from it breaking when they fitted unit, got no idea what ta look for. help

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
they wont end of,noting i can do i paid for a headunit ot be fitted nothing more its not their faulot they saikd and it was manager i spoke 2 so . . .

·
aka 25inprogress
7,940 Posts
if it broke when they fitted the headunit then yes it is there fault, quote trading standards to them

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ye bbut what can i say, conincidenty just after they fitted my headunit the pseedo and milage thing stopped working? i cant prove it was working before tho if you get me

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
As far as I'm aware the two are not linked.

A fuse hasn't blown has it?

If not does your car have a transducer on the speedo drive (black thing on diff casing or does it run off the ABS?

What year is your car? what type? ABS?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

If not does your car have a transducer on the speedo drive (black thing on diff casing or does it run off the ABS?

Errm ive got no idea about any of that sorry mate but i do no its an early 2003 :) how would i check all of what u just said?

·
Berto's bitch
831 Posts
Ive had this.....!!!!!

Easy fix... Very easy....

There is 1 Wire that is connected on newer Radios that isnt used on the standard one... All you need to do is either Chop it, or use a converter, they about £5 from halfords... :)

Fixed my problems when i had the same about 4 months ago.. :)

Think its the Black / Blue one bottom left.. cant remember but the Converter is what i did so that i didnt break anything.

G

·

I have that problem on Alice's car, since i changed the engine over the speedo aint worked, i found out 3-4 days later that i forgot to plug in the connection for the transducer on the diff, but it still dont work should i change the transducer(black thing on diff case) to the old engine ??
her car doesnt have ABS ..

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
i had this problem as well. iam sure a few few at santa pod that i spoke to may remmeber,

it's the wiring in the back of the HU, as far as i can think it was the reat speakers wiring

(iam guessing these are not working) if not, may be a total different problem, and some how it drawing the power from the hu, try turning it up loud while driving. and see if it dance's to the music..

i can't say how to fix it coz i never got to that, i just got a new one. but just a few idea. and i felt like telling you my story or my life. lol

But no. i belive it's the wiring on back of the head unit.(new one that is)

and halfords should be able to fix it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have that problem on Alice's car, since i changed the engine over the speedo aint worked, i found out 3-4 days later that i forgot to plug in the connection for the transducer on the diff, but it still dont work should i change the transducer(black thing on diff case) to the old engine ??
her car doesnt have ABS ..
I would change it over see if it works, you've got nothing too lose. I imagine it would solve the problem too.

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
i had this problem when i got mine fitted att halfords. took it back and they fixed it within 5mins. Something to do with one of the wires but im not really sure. I imagine that hunt7s had the same problem as me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts