MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might sound like a stupid question but this is the first time that i would have bought new brake pads. on the EBC site they have standard pads for the ZR priced at around £17 i think.
is this for one or for the pair?
it seems cheap for the pair. i dont wanna spend a bomb on brake pads if i can get the standards i will

thanks!!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
the ebc green stuff pads are alot cheaper than the mg rover pads I think it'll be £17 for the pair.

p.m steve b from banshee he'll do you a good deal.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i really cant afford to spend a lot so if they are £17 a pair i will get them i will send them an email.

·
Registered
20 Posts
£17 is probably for there standard replacment pads.

Not Greenstuff ...........

But if i am wrong let me know, Cos i will need some more soon !

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no they are not greenstuff they are just standard but i would like to know if it is £17 for one or for the pair

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
The price is for a axle set, so it will be 4 pads. Also I saw you tried to order, did you have problems with Paypal, or are you still undecided.

Regards

Steve

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im still undecided mate, sorry to mess about

·
Registered
360 Posts
EdgarZR said:
how do u know when u need new pads? will they start screeching??
yea lad theyll start screechin.... theres a wee metal thing like a pin near the end of the brake pad that scratches off ure disk making a wee warning noise....wont do it any harm but its warning ya its near time to change :hurt:

·
Registered
266 Posts
i think its time... theyre screechin badly :-(

but how long shud a set last? i got my car brand new august 2003 but i must admit im a bit heavy on the brakes.

·
Registered
266 Posts
i just hit 23k there yesterday. well shes goin into mg garage tomorrow anyhoo to get seen too. i fitted lowering springs there about a month ago, that wudnt affect breaks shud it?

·
2,585 Posts
same here 23k miles and still on original brake pads, should they be replaced or not and they sometimes screetch

somethign else my front discs are warped slighty, so much that when the car is jacked up and the wheel is off, every turn it sticks, and i need to use a bar to turn it round, so are these needing replaced too?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Brake pads need to be changed depending on how they are used, quite easy to get 30k out of a set of pads, and some people get through a set in 6k. It all depends where the majority of your driving is done, and how you drive.

Steve

·
570 Posts
When they're gettin low do they screech all the time? Cos mine screech pretty bad but only when they're cold for the 1st few brake presses.

·
Sleeping
5,195 Posts
i had mine on for 3yrs. just changed them last week, while it was lowered. the pads were only £20 from halfords,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts