MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of some new pads for my ZR. dont want the standard ones as they give of too much dust. any ideas of what to use but at a reasonable price?

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
Green stuff are very good! but a hint the Brakes on a 160 are teh same as a Honda so you might get them a little cheaper!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm in need of some pads too especially now ive put these 19's on !

160 pads though

so you say greenstuff is the top recommendation ??

sorry bit slow but whats this about honda ??

cheers

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
MR rover stole honda Brakes for the from a Honda fro the 160 i know this as i changed mine before i sold it!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cheers (Droog)

just had price from des for my 160 with greenstuff pads.

£35.00 for front pads
£34.00 for the rears

looks like they will be out to me very soon

cheers
CHRIS

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep, bought and fitted them myself. They are just as dusty, trust me.

I'd go and get a photo of the front wheel showing the green pad and all the dust but it's raining.

I only went for greenstuff for the dust reduction not cos of the performance - doh!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
kj52avo said:
Yep, bought and fitted them myself. They are just as dusty, trust me.

I'd go and get a photo of the front wheel showing the green pad and all the dust but it's raining.

I only went for greenstuff for the dust reduction not cos of the performance - doh!
What discs are you using, OE ones or EBC Turbogrooved Discs. (Just noticed you have a 160 so they will be OE discs.)

Alot of the dust will be a combination of the disc material and the pads, Greenstuff pads will wear out OE discs quite alot, I know because I have had a set of discs and only had minimal wear on the pads.

EBC Greenstuff pads do create less dust than other pads, simply just by the construction of the pad material. I don't think you could say EBC are breaking the trade description act, as no doubt they have a disclaimer, and that the claim is made but controlled tests. No brake pad will have zero dust and if it does then I would change them ASAP because they wouldn't stop you.

EBC pads are recommended with EBC discs and in this scenario you may find the amount of dust produced is minimal, unfortunately you can't get Turbo Grooved discs for the 160 at the mo.

Steve

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Steve220 said:
Mintex 1144's, the daddy pads :mrsmiley:
Very good brakes Steve, but quite expensive (especially for 620Ti calipers) and they left plenty of dust as well.

Steve

·
Registered
242 Posts
Got Greenstuff pads and turbo grooved ebc discs on my MG Midget and I'd recommend them, much less dust and although standard midgets are prone to a little fade they are excellent now. Heard good things about them on MGF's too. I'll certainly look into getting them on my ZR when the time comes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh and as for who to get them from? Give des at Banshee Motorsport a ring/email[/quote]

do u have a number for this guy?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Ive just fitted some green stuff ones to mine and jayjays .........
they are beded in now and are tons better........(thanks steve b and des)

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
JayJay said:
Andy_MGZR said:
Oh and as for who to get them from? Give des at Banshee Motorsport a ring/email

do u have a number for this guy?

send a pm to steveb, he's at banshee.
Or Steve B :wink:

Number if you want to call is 01264 333366, or you can order them online.

Steve

1 - 19 of 19 Posts