MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are these worth getting? I heard they increase pedal feel a bit, in combination with a dot5.1 brake fluid even more so?

what's your opinion on these things?

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Honest opinion?

Unless you are going to go for a performance upgrade like Brembo or some such and intend doing competition/track days then they are a waste of money for anything other than cosmetic reasons. That said, they do look good all the same but you wont notice any difference in braking in normal use with standard brakes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the heads-up!

well i might still buy the for cosmetic reason, when I've got money to blow. :mrsmiley:
But first i think i will go exhaust and induction kit

·
Registered
890 Posts
You'll notice it with much bigger brakes. i'm going to have to get some as i've got a really spongy feeling on my 160 brakes :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Steve220 said:
You'll notice it with much bigger brakes. i'm going to have to get some as i've got a really spongy feeling on my 160 brakes :(
Have you got bigger discs/calipers and the brake are now spongy? Or are they soggy with the standard setup?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Braided hoses will firm the pedal up, and look cool. Probably not going to notice much on a newer car, but the older cars will notice a difference as the rubber hoses loses the stiffness over time.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts