MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A nine-year-old US boy surprised his teacher when he correctly spelt out a 310-letter word in class.

Aaron Zweig was challenged to learn the word by his teacher at his school in Randolph, New Jersey, but she didn't expect him to succeed.

Teacher Ruth Kalata told the Randoph Recorder: "I told him he should come back to me when he had learned the word, thinking he never would.

"But two weeks later he was back and spelled it in front of my class. It was really a joke to challenge him, but he thrives on challenges like that."

Ms Kalata said that last year, the boy learned to spell two, extremely long words, antidisestablishmentarianism and supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

But the two words with 34 and 28 letters, respectively, were puny compared with the latest challenge.

The 310-letter word is too long to reproduce here but it starts: "Ornicopy..." and finishes: "ulinaniac".

It was apparently used by medieval scribes to refer to someone who practices divination or forecasting by means of phenomena, interpretation of acts or various other manifestations.

"When Aaron spelled the word in front my class, he paused part way through and told the class not to worry because he was almost done," said Ms Kalata.

"It amazed me that he could pause, make a comment, then continue spelling without losing his place."

The word : Ornicopytheobibliopsychocrystarroscioaerogenethliometeoroaustrohieroanothropoichthyopyrosiderochpnomyoalectryoophiobotanopegohydrorhabdocrithoaleuroalphitohalomolybdoclerobeloaxinocoscinodactyliogeolithonpessopsephrocatoptrotephraoneirochoonychodactyloarithstichooxogeloscogastrogyrocerobletonooenoscapulinaniac

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vic - worrying isnt it, I couldnt get half way through saying it, but a 9y.o can not only remember it - but spell it!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
ZR__Lincs said:
post mortem in this country
post motem is refering to After death coming from the latin

an autopsie is theinvestigation of the cause of death and and the gathering of evidence of what happend to the person during and befor and after the death

·
Registered
314 Posts
Shifty said:
ZR__Lincs said:
post mortem in this country
post motem is refering to After death coming from the latin

an autopsie is theinvestigation of the cause of death and and the gathering of evidence of what happend to the person during and befor and after the death
post mortem in this country then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts