MG ZR Forums banner

Bought zr number 7 !!!

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Dr@c 
#1 ·
So I want to play with this one, as it stands it's a 5 door blue 1.4 with 72k on clock.

Does require work

Tracking
Steering checked
Tyres all round
Full Service

but I am thinking of changing the engine now I don't have the experiance to make it a turbo but wanting possibly a 160 but I could do with opinions, ideas etc I plan on using this car as something special for shows etc something TOTALLY different but as I drive a PTP zr a drop in power would be slightly boring to me even if it was just driving to shows.

Engine
Exterior
Interior

Compleat overhaul !!! :headbang:

Pics to follow on iPad :mad:

#2 ·
Oh and when I bought it I never really looked at the interior until tonight and I found the official mg zr car mats ! Made my money bk with them lol

#5 ·
I impulse buy zr's lol

Zr number 7 but 2 of them 7 were gone within a week I bought for a few bits then scrapped to make bk my money FREE PARTS :p but ths one is a project, I hv funds so my as well play

#9 ·
Dirt cheap, I could scrap it after stripping and still make a profit ! Got it of a good friend from work he bought a megane coupe was just going to crush the zed so I offered half the scrap value n he threw the keys at me :D

No it's prob number 3459 or something lol N yes my first zed is the one parked on its roof.... Only parking space I could find

#15 ·
Yep,

I wanted a project zr n could not bring myself to change my PTP one as much as I plan so had to get another... that excuse sounded good enough for the gf to believe, she thinks I hv issues bordering on obsession. I dnt see it.

How much is it for a garage like PTP to do a conversion and how do I find a working donnor, want to avoid the "works perfect no bangs or knocks" to later find out it dnt bang or knock cause the fecker dnt wrk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.