MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any chance of all of yas putting up pictures of ure bootbuilds, im sort in the process of deciding how to do mines, would be nice to see how everyone else went about there boots in the zeds. dont want to copy anyone just trying to get myself some ideas together :up:

G

·
Top build but a bit beyond the amateur I feel as it is a proffessional build by a sponser. Makes me wonder what happens if access is needed to the spare wheel well and the rear lights to change a bulb :blink2: :up:

Heres mine. Very simple, very basic but still gives me access to my spare wheel and also a useable boot (which I need), as well as some reasonable sounds

So there are 2 opposite ends of the scale to base some ideas on.

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts

·
1,626 Posts
Jacqui_UK said:
hehe flux capacitor :)
Its going in the Clio too!!!! :mrgreen:

Wish darren was still on here :hurt:

Might send him a PM saying he should buy a Clio so I can abuse him on another site :twisted:

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
have a look on my web site. a few installs on there ive done in the zeds. nearly finished my new one just waiting for the paint.
heres what it looks like at the min

·
2,585 Posts
monkey magic that looks bloody brill!
i think it should be sprayed black or the same colour of your car then it would be proper show worthy

really good install there !!!

·
989 Posts
Cheers for all the comments lads but i cant spray it ... its upholstered in yellow suade lol

im changeing it in a munth or so to incorperate another amp another set of 6 by 9's and another sub lol
its gonna get cramped in there

but my bro built that one nice and tidy... he does them for 80 quid + materials if anyone in the north east is interested like

·
989 Posts
Another good thing...

if anyone in the north east wants one i can use my boot as a template and build into that then just deconstruct and pass on when you collect. you can still get into the spare wheel easy and it can be pulled apart in about 10 mins... all youve got to carry in the car is a screw driver. thats only if you need to change bulbs or n e thing.

can do them in any material ... me bro just dun a corsa a few month ago in white leather.... fuckin smart hes a proffesional upholterer/interior designer btw :up:

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Monkey Magic said:
Another good thing...

if anyone in the north east wants one i can use my boot as a template and build into that then just deconstruct and pass on when you collect.
just a little warning to you mate. not all the boots on the zeds are the same. some are slightly diffrent and it can lead to gaps where you dont want them. guess its just another case of great rover build quilaty.
not trying to put you off, just thought i would share my knowledge with you. looking good BTW :up:

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
S18HAD said:
have a look on my web site. a few installs on there ive done in the zeds. nearly finished my new one just waiting for the paint.
heres what it looks like at the min

How much would it cost to buy 1 like that?

·
989 Posts
enuff....

I find the best thing to do is experiment by yourself and gain knowledge...

you neva know you could once be a master boot builder outera thingy like.... rite ??!?!?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts