MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I tried to save myself some cash and tint my windows myself which have turned out ok thanx to this how too guide

http://www.themgzr.co.uk/vb/vbarticles.php?do=article&articleid=34

So I had to take the spoiler off to do the rear window. but normal it didnt go to plan. a wind picked up when I had everything off and the film unrolled so I called it a day and put everything away. this is were the problem started. I have put 3 of the bolts back in and they are fine the 4th however is a different matter. The holes don't match up. I have tried putting this 1 in first with no joy. The problem is the spoiler is not as surdy as it should be is there anything I can do to sort this or is it just 1 of those things?

Cheers Mike

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
not too sure if this would help at all mate but have you tried putting the bolts in a little bit at a time, say maybe 2 turns at a time to see if you can get all four to start tightening that way, and then just carry on and hopefully it will take its natural position from the gradual pull on each side?

and you are putting it on the right way.....yeah? lol

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah mate im putting it on the right way lol. I did try and do what you suggested but no joy the holes aint lining up without the bolts in so I have no idea what im going to do I will find a way though :angry: Thank anyway Patton

Mike

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
yeah mate im putting it on the right way lol. I did try and do what you suggested but no joy the holes aint lining up without the bolts in so I have no idea what im going to do I will find a way though :angry: Thank anyway Patton

Mike
No problemo lol

if you do manage to get it sorted then let us know what it was you had to do mate - it'll bug me otherwise lol

good luck with getting it fixed mate :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.