MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ppl... does anyone have this problem b4? the boot just wont lock itself no matter how hard i slam it wot could be the problem?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Try closing the lock latch while the tailgate is open, then press the release button to reset it. If it dont try taking the latch apart, lube it up, refit and try again. Aside from that a mechanic might be useful.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
lose bolts in the bottom bit, the boot "frame" (as opposed to the "door") get the dealer to tighten em. I had same proble, my dealer told me they could book me in "a week on thursday", I very politely (and repeatedly) informed them that I wasnt going anywhere till I could lock my car, and that if they didnt co-operate and do it there and then that they would be named and shamed on a variety of MG forums...that seemed to do the trick ;-)

·
Registered
316 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^Yep - as Jibbles said.....I did exactly the same on mine when it happened. I loosened the bolts on the plate, moved it "up" a few millimeters so the door would meet it slightly higher up and then tightened the bolts. Worked fine ever since and that was over a year ago! :up:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers ppl i will try that tomorrow if not my car is due for a service on tues and hopefully they will sort it out.. .... hmmm but just abit worryin knowing the boot can easily be open!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts