MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just recieved my INXX ASTRA MK3 BONNET STRUTS and when i have opened them up to check them. i tried to push down on the strut to see how much pressure needs to be made to move them but they done move wot so ever, there solid. im sure there not meant to be like that are they.??

any ideas im trying to contact the company i got them from but there not answering yet so i thought i ask here aswell

also email lightsabra (waiting for an email back)

cheers

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They wont move at all by pushing on them, though they move easily enough when you have them on the car, mine were the exact same, nothing to worry about.

what is the lenght of you struts mate. ive just been out to the car just to see where they mount and im sure the go from the wing bolt just before the suspention strut( as your looking from front of car) to the part of the bonnet that buldgies out abit. but mine does not reach that much, so that the height of the bonnet would be the same as with the OE bonnet rod. is yours the same? do you have the same lift hight on the bonnet as from before fitting them?

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will NOT be able to compress these until they are fitted mate. Also, the bonnet shouldn't open as it did previously.

Stop worrying :)
yer just had a reply from light sabre... thanks any way its just a shame that they dont lift the bonnet as high as the OE bonnet rod did.

but cheers mate:clap2::D

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looking at TJ's sig i think his are mounted roughly in the same place on thebonnet as mine, so you should get something like this for lift...

ok thanks mate, that dont look as bad as i first thought and im likeing the brackets ( i dont have them) cheers

have you got a pic of the side of you car? i wanna look at you wheels with the colour of the car ( as i have same colour lo)

Yep identical positioning (although I do like your brackets!):

cheers again mate dont look as bad as i said in the emails lol

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
lol, i'll go take one now for you mate (bare in mind the car is dirty as hell, needs a wash, lol)

im quite surprised you guys have said you like the brackets to be honest, i was expecting negative comments about the way they sit, but its all good :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.