MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a k&n filter and to fit it in the box of the 820s airfilter, right now I have seen the same mounted thing in some 1,4, but in me 1,8 160 there is minus hole and i´m not sure if he enter .
¿ Any one that he have it in the 160 can tell me if he enters and if the grief merits introducing inside a filter k&n? ¿Or better waiting and putting a bmc ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And how does that filter go to you? ¿did You note any improvement or only upon the sound? I think that a open filter can not go well in the zr being so close to the motor and entering so hot air.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
It sounds good, I did notice a small increase in performance and it dosn't really suffer from heat soak. You would get more performance increase out of a BMC but not much more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I buy a 820 airbox from a scrapy yerterday for 2€, but i´m looking and in the 160 there is minus place to introduce the box than in the 1,4, and i-m not sure if he enters.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I have a green twister filter, love it to bits and feel a differnece in power!!

See my gallery for pic!!

·
570 Posts
I've just been offered a BMC CDA Filter off my mate for £75 - I presume that's a good price?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kevy d, 75 is a good price.
At the end I have decided myself for for a bmc cda, where i find low price has been in demon tweeks that sell me for some 240 euros with shipping charges herewith to Spain, also, ask the ITG's maxogen price but that is more expensive for a small power gain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wath's is the price of ITG maxogen in England....?? is more expensive than the viper pipercross induction kit...???, i don't know what is the imported to spanish market.....we you know...??

sorry, my english is very bad. :)

ITG maxogen, Bmc CDA, viper pipercroos or K&N... ummmm, what is the best for my ZR 105 hp....

thank's all britanic hooligans of MG.... :grin:

·
Registered
556 Posts
gz_tuning said:
ITG maxogen, Bmc CDA, viper pipercroos or K&N... ummmm, what is the best for my ZR 105 hp....
Forget a K&N to start with.

If you want a cheap enclosed filter that will perform well on the 105 then look at the Taipan II one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts