MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my exhaust was blowing where the manifold meats the down pipe, so I got a new gasket and some black heat paint as the manifold had to come off, so I thort I would spray it up so it tidys up the engine bay a bit, had a absolute nightmare trying to get the bolts of the bottom on the manifold, all the heads snapped off so when it was off, witch took a good 2 and a half hours, I had to drill them all out and then tap new thread in to the manifold, then I used thered bar though it,

I also found that I needed a new down pipe as mine was gone around where the weld is around the flexi pipe

, I then set about rubbing back the manifold

Then give it a coat or two of paint

Then while it was drying I went out and put the new down pipe on

will get some pics up later on when its all back on

dan

·
OEM +
19,034 Posts
nice one dan your new threads are getting more and more interesting and detailed keep it up :)

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
thats really interesting, you did a good job there too.

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
i need a new downpipe aswell. Mine is screwed and it sounds rough as nails, the flexi pipe is really frayed and its defo blowing somewhere.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
i need a new downpipe aswell. Mine is screwed and it sounds rough as nails, the flexi pipe is really frayed and its defo blowing somewhere.
ive got the same problem. got a big hole in mine :(

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
does yours sound really vile when accelorating? does it rattle at bout 2k when cold?
yeah it rattles a lot of the time tbh, more so when cold. also does it when letting off the gas for junctions/roundabouts etc

when i accelerate it sounds like a dying cat :yes:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok here it is all ready to go on

all on and bolted up:bounce:

, front with out the zr splitter

and with it all put back on

good news is its all back on, but the exhaust place gave me the wrong gassket where the down pipe bolts togather with the cat(or de cat in my case) so i had to use the old gassket so its still blowing down there
really not happy, so i am going to have to go down after work to moz and get the right gasket them swap it all over

dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts