MG ZR Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Real easy to fit - put the car up on ramps and it takes five minutes to remove two nuts, take off the old gasket and drop the old silencer.

To fit the new one is again a five minute job.

You will need two new nuts and bolts (12mm x 50mm ish) and remember to also get a new flange gasket.
The original silencer has 12mm studs welded in place and the new Blue Flame doesn't, hence the need for new bolts.

Probably a good idea to use stainless items if you can get 'em, otherwise it will be real difficult to remove if it's on the car for any length of time.

The Blue Flame tailpipe is all stainless steel and is all highly polished - unlike some Magnex (for example) setups. It can be upgraded to a full system easily. All zedr's except the deisels use the same backbox

The tailpipe itself is a big 6" x 4" item and fills the hole in the rear bumper completely. Really looks the business IMO.

Not too much noise from the exhaust, just a nice growl and a real nice burble on tickover.

I used my car for teaching learners and the noise was never intrusive, just pleasant.

This is what it looks like fitted to my Zed:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.