MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just fitted some new side skirts and there is a slight gap at the top of the sill, it's not particularly noticable but I was just wondering if anyone had any idea how much it might cost to have them blended in with fiberglass. Would they have to re-spray half the side of the car to get the colour match?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Did you stick them with the special adhesive rather than bolt them on at either end??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just screwed them in each end as I didn't have any adhesive, could of used some hard as nails I suppose but these are ones I bought off ebay with the endcaps already moulded into the skirts so It's well solid and like I say not that noticable. I've heard it's best to get them blended in with fiberglass anyway.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
mjm said:
just screwed them in each end as I didn't have any adhesive, could of used some hard as nails I suppose but these are ones I bought off ebay with the endcaps already moulded into the skirts so It's well solid and like I say not that noticable. I've heard it's best to get them blended in with fiberglass anyway.
id go to the dealer, hard as nails wont work, light sabre i belive tried this, you have to use special adhesive as well as bolting them on, mine sagged as the adhesive came off.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok these ones don't actually sag without any adhesive on at all because they are actually thicker fiberglass than the standard ones and very solid. I think it would be fine if I just got the gaps filled in with something which is why I want to know what it would set me back to have them blended in with fiberglass.

Cheers.

·
Registered
44 Posts
they wont use fiberglass they will use a bonding agent called tiger seal this will fill the gap and is just wiped leavel takes out all the inperfections in your body work

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh thx, is this something pretty easy to do, could I do it myself? If so where can I get the stuff from? If not what would it cost to have done professionally?

·
Registered
44 Posts
yep easy ,apply to bodykitt ,wack on car bolt in place wipe off excess,google search works for me,not sure how much it would cost for some1 else to do

1 - 8 of 8 Posts