MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea.. untill i just received this message from him... "please do not pay for these items as they werent for sale and due to ebayes stupid rules i couldnt remove them sorry"

so i sent back saying "or becuase they went for a low price? why arent they for sale? you should have put a notice up telling people, it would allow you to do that..."

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:O!

yea, if i dont hear from him within the night, i will send him a message saying i will be reporting him to ebay.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Seats

Forgone conclusion at the price unfortunately. He was too tight to pay the extra £1.50 or so to stick a reserve on them. What he means is he tried to pull the auction at the 11th hour when he realised he wasn't going to get £150 for them, but ebay won't let you pull an auction with less than 12hrs to run

End of the day you can't seriously expect the guy, whatever his motives to let you have a set of Monacco half leathers for £25.00.

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he put them on before for £50 with no reserve, and they didnt sell then. then relisted for £20.

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
Forgone conclusion at the price unfortunately. He was too tight to pay the extra £1.50 or so to stick a reserve on them. What he means is he tried to pull the auction at the 11th hour when he realised he wasn't going to get £150 for them, but ebay won't let you pull an auction with less than 12hrs to run

End of the day you can't seriously expect the guy, whatever his motives to let you have a set of Monacco half leathers for £25.00.
And why not, you use ebay and abide by the rules and conditions ebay stipulate, if you cant then don't use the site, simple as that really. My brother who's also a member on here listed a 52mm throttle body, it sold for £42 he didn't want to sell it but he did because that's how ebay works, so what makes that guy better than my brother?

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes, i do. its how ebay works. he should have put a reserve on there if he wanted them to sell for a certain price.

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
yeh if he wanted to sell them more put a reserve on or start it higher
end of

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
omg steal
I posted your CD's we were chatting about the other day as well, you should have them by Monday at the latest.

I know, when I asked him if he had a buy it now price, and he said £25 with £8 postage, I snapped them off his hands, there in really good condition as well.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
rules are rules report him

·
Registered
539 Posts
I posted your CD's we were chatting about the other day as well, you should have them by Monday at the latest.

I know, when I asked him if he had a buy it now price, and he said £25 with £8 postage, I snapped them off his hands, there in really good condition as well.
ahh cheers mate...what do i owe u for them?....

cant believe that u lucky bugger........

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
yea.. untill i just received this message from him... "please do not pay for these items as they werent for sale and due to ebayes stupid rules i couldnt remove them sorry"

so i sent back saying "or becuase they went for a low price? why arent they for sale? you should have put a notice up telling people, it would allow you to do that..."
+1 won a ZR tailgate in yellow today for £50. I phoned him in the week for a buy it now price and he wanted £150 which is well OTT so I bid on it instead. I'm expecting to pick up either a shagged tailgate or one without the spoiler despite this got advertised as well. We'll see when I pick it up!!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

That's Bertie Ollocks tbh, you can end an auction AT ANY TIME, I've done it myself.

Report the [email protected] Done this with people who farted me about and a fair proportion od those are now banned. So, even though it's no biggie to set everything up again, people mess with me I mess with them, it's a two-way street and hassle they can do without.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
how do you report someone?
Off the Help menu on the ebay homepage you'll get a drop-down to "Report a Problem"...there are several options so do as man y as you think apply. Go to town on this muppet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts