MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,this has prob been discussed before but im thinking about removing my cat or having sports cat fitted and just wanting to know the possible gains,such as bhp etc any ideas

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what difference does it mek if you dont get manifold then.ive got 120 1.8 at min with cat back powerflow exhaust

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
parker, i had a 120 with no mods other than a decat and it gained 6bhp and 6ft lb of torque :) as berto said, pickup was better, felt more responsive and the torque curve was a lot smoother and less choppy.

·
Is Constantly Horny
5,063 Posts
I have 4-2-1 Janspeed manifold and sport catalyst on my 160. Just a very slight improvement, nothing more
thats because your bottle necking the gain with a standard system past there

you have to have the manfold if u have a sports or de cat as there not compatiable and part of the gain isloosing the restrictive manifold of the zr

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
parker, i had a 120 with no mods other than a decat and it gained 6bhp and 6ft lb of torque :) as berto said, pickup was better, felt more responsive and the torque curve was a lot smoother and less choppy.

i likes the sounds of that,guna get it done after mot in sep i think.il let you know,coz already got cat back

1 - 12 of 12 Posts