MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
F****** B******y B*****d!!!

Some c*** has given me the cold the week before I'm due to go in for my op.

My nose is blocking and my throat is a bit itchy. C*** sucking m**********r!

I have less than a week to shift it cos I'm not putting off the op. I'll lie if I have to.

So long as I don't feel like total crap and can breath without coughing/sneezing, I'm not gonna cancel.

So my questions are, without the aid of alcohol induced comma, what's the best way to rid a cold? And does anyone know how long this latest strain of the b****** virus is lasting?

·
Is Constantly Horny
5,063 Posts
if its really bad rest plenty of water and eat lots of fruit and veg,

if its not so bad, excersise, ill explain why

A cold bacteria (bug) can only live in a very slim bracket of temp, raise the temp to much it will die, lower it it will die also, hencse why your body make you hot and cold when you have the flu, get your self to a steam room and a suana, you wont spread it as it will die in the heat

·
Banned
12,009 Posts
ive always been told to sweat it out of you, as mattchew said exercise can help, or put your head over a bowl of hot steamy water with a towel over you, helps to unblock your nose,

tbh there are quite a few things you can do or try to help clear it. :)

·
Now on XPowers!
5,380 Posts
I've been feeling ****e before with a cold, got myself down five a side and ran my fat arse off for an hour and a half and felt so much better afterwards.

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
go to boots and buy tablets called echinasia(dont know if that is spelt right) but these are a great help for me as i have a low immune system!!

·
Banned
14,064 Posts
buy some beroca works a treat is full of vitamins and iron etc etc gives you and energy kick that is unreal and it makes ure pee turn illuminous orange

GOOD TIMES!!111!!!

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys.

So the key is sweat it out. Already drinking plenty fluids as I'll be quite de hydrated after my op and sods law says they won't let me drink till 4 or 5 hours after I come round.

The thing is I don't feel lousy yet, just the blocked nose and the start of achy muscles.

I should have just signed my self off of work last week and stayed in doors away from sick people. :(

·
Banned
12,009 Posts
awww, yeah hun. wrap yourself up in warm clothing and get sweaty.
also you can buy some of those drops that you sprinkle on your tissue or hanky and sniff, basically a menthol smell to make you breathe better :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
what op you having pal? Im in for a septoplasty tommorow and have also been told not to catch a cold. Fortunatly, I have avoided it so far:D

Tom

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gallbladder removal. Don't know it's fancy name. :(

Soon I will be able to eat cheese and clotted cream scones again. :cry:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts