MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all i know this will have been covered so many time before but i need to replace my front tyres i think as they are getting worn on the out side of the tyre
they are low profiles and i know they will cost a little bit mote than normal sizes
i like half decent tyres but only as long as i can afford them

what tyres are rated as good i did liek the tread look on goodyear F1's but im told these are wicked in the dry but tend to aquaplane in the wet and as this country is wet all the time
what do you reccomend and any tread patterns woudl help loads
Thanks peeps
p.s does this car have 4 wheel tracking or just two wheel ??? and can any garage do it or is it better to have an MG special;ist do it

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
The back end is pretty much fixed, but the tracking can be shimmed into place although no normal garage will do this.

The front can be adjusted though.

As for tyres, as I've said hundreds of times ContisportContact 2's are the best out of all the tyres I have ever tried

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I had eagle F1's on the front of my 205 gti... they are incredible in the dry. I wouldnt worry about tyres in the wet, if youre driving at normal speeds or rather a bit more cautiously (which personally i think you should in the wet) then you wont have any trouble

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
I had eagle F1's on the front of my 205 gti... they are incredible in the dry. I wouldnt worry about tyres in the wet, if youre driving at normal speeds or rather a bit more cautiously (which personally i think you should in the wet) then you wont have any trouble

I disagree, tyre performance is more important in the wet than the dry.

How often do you hear of people falling off the road in the dry?

Far more accidents happen in the wet too so you've gotta give yourself a fighting chance. Remember even if you are driving cautiously you may need to swerve to avoid someone elses accident

·
Premium Member
31,424 Posts

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
P zero pricey but perfect

G

·
Alice has toyo proxies on the front and crap cheap tires on the rear, grips really really well inthe wet and i think better in the dry, but saying that ive never had any other tires that are better than the proxies before, but i might go for ContisportContact 2's , as a few people ive spoke and read on here that they are quite good all round :D :)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I disagree, tyre performance is more important in the wet than the dry.

How often do you hear of people falling off the road in the dry?

Far more accidents happen in the wet too so you've gotta give yourself a fighting chance. Remember even if you are driving cautiously you may need to swerve to avoid someone elses accident
well its a personal opinion, i think that a lot of people stil drive as fast in the wet as the dry and end up paying the price for it. ive never had a problem in the wet... even though usually i have budgets on.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
well its a personal opinion, i think that a lot of people stil drive as fast in the wet as the dry and end up paying the price for it. ive never had a problem in the wet... even though usually i have budgets on.
Indeed, Normally reps in Audi A4's or BMW 318's

I'm not looking for an arguement with you, but surely too fast is also down to tyres.

Eg. Take a corner at 30mph on **** rubber and you crash... You've driven too fast.
Take the same corner at 40 mph in full control and well inside the car limits on good rubber.... driving sensibly.

Extreme example I know but do you see the point I'm making?

·
Banned
5,341 Posts
Gotta say I agree with sides as the driver should know what his tyres capable of having bought budget or performance and if that was the case 60% of accidents wouldnt happen

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Extreme example I know but do you see the point I'm making?
i understand. Andy kind of hit the nail on the head tbh

suppose its all about knowing where the limits of the tyres are, obv sales reps dont have limits as they are inconsiderate pricks :noexp:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.