MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the zed back from the workshop. I was having problkems with the clutch and earth line hitting.

I got the car back and nearly S**t myself, the thigs a monster.

I called the garage and asked what they had done, the told me they had tightened the clutch cable, and removed the rest of my airbox.

The guy who did the car is a bit of a wizz on the old performance enhancment, said that aerodynamics works best with open filters, by taking the bottom of the box off, you get a sort of vacuum effect, the hot air gets drawn out by the car moving along, and is replaced with colder air front the front and sides of the bonnet.

Just wondering if anone else had done this, if so, did it make a difference, as mine has turned from a beast to a monster! :twisted: :twisted:

Davey

·
Registered
899 Posts
toocool said:
Just got the zed back from the workshop. I was having problkems with the clutch and earth line hitting.

I got the car back and nearly S**t myself, the thigs a monster.

I called the garage and asked what they had done, the told me they had tightened the clutch cable, and removed the rest of my airbox.

The guy who did the car is a bit of a wizz on the old performance enhancment, said that aerodynamics works best with open filters, by taking the bottom of the box off, you get a sort of vacuum effect, the hot air gets drawn out by the car moving along, and is replaced with colder air front the front and sides of the bonnet.

Just wondering if anone else had done this, if so, did it make a difference, as mine has turned from a beast to a monster! :twisted: :twisted:

Davey
Sweet mate! where did u get that done? :cool1:

·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rowes Rover in Basingstoke.

Done something right for once! and the car was cleaned and came back Gleamin

·
989 Posts
The only thing that pissed me off when i changed all the airbox was when i took the battery out along with the tray so i didnt have to remove the bumper ...

once finished got back in the car and had to reset all me setting on me head unit n clock n wot not ... wasnt happy like took me ages to get me head unit the way i wanted.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I had my airbox removed with my open filter after loosing power at low revs, didn't notice any difference to be honest and still suffered from major heat soak. Since using a panel filter I seem to have the best of both worlds and havn't lost any power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts