MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right i cant get my battery clamp of tried undoing the bolt but it just wont budge,whats the best way to get the bolt off?

Jace

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
What wont budge, the bolt? spray on some unseizing spray and let it soak it up and then try again. Are you using a spanner or an ajustable? best to use a spanner with a loop in it to get a good grip on it. You can always use a socket set of more leverage.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it dont mate!thats what i thought to start with,tried pushed the clamp away from the battery with a screwdriver and it still wont come out!
Doing my head in,think im going to drill the bolt head in a minute!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just pull the battery. itl slip out
i know what you mean mate,but the battery what is on it,whoever put it on they put bolted it on the closest hole to everything else in the engine bay,so you cant push it away from the battery clamp as everything else in the engine bay is in the way:angry:!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
just pull the battery. itl slip out
Kind of beside the point in it being there don't you think!

I presume you mean the 10mm bolt down in front of the battery.

It can't be that tight the nut on the underside is held on by plastic ffs.

Spray penetrating Fluid on it leave to soak and then come back with a 10mm single hex, not bi hex socket and undo but careful not to break the nut outs of the plastic fixing.
If you do break it don't worry you just need to refit it with a nut and large washer

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kind of beside the point in it being there don't you think!

I presume you mean the 10mm bolt down in front of the battery.

It can't be that tight the nut on the underside is held on by plastic ffs.

Spray penetrating Fluid on it leave to soak and then come back with a 10mm single hex, not bi hex socket and undo but careful not to break the nut outs of the plastic fixing.
If you do break it don't worry you just need to refit it with a nut and large washer
no the bolt turns everytime i turn it it just wont come up,o ive been using a bi hex socket,right ok ill find a single hex socket!

Thanks mate,Jace

·
mg zr rally car
2,076 Posts
aye that happens to some of them. the plastic breaks underneath, my reason was for pulling it out was so he could remove the tray and fix the bolt.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
no the bolt turns everytime i turn it it just wont come up,o ive been using a bi hex socket,right ok ill find a single hex socket!

Thanks mate,Jace
Spanner on the nut on the underside, remove bolt with socket, refit with nut and washer or buy new/2nd hand tray. Your choice

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
get a ****ing hammer to it!

·
Registered
5,209 Posts

Thanks mate,Jace
That happens to most of them ;)

Just get a hammer and smash the ****er to bits then get to the scrapyard and buy a new battery shelf :)

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
listen to me & youngy! get the hammer out!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
a hammer,i aint damaging my car lol!i done it now anyway,wedged a screwdriver in the hole bit which stopped the bolt from spinning round!

·
Registered
726 Posts
grinder !

but easy to do when ur stripping a car and it has no front end xD

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts