MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

4 year MG ZR owner here, Complete newb too. Need some help please.

1) My front / rear badges have faded - (roughly 60mm / 95mm)

Any advice on where best to get replacements? Also can i just heat up the existing, peel off with screwdriver and stick the new ones on?

2) My side trim badge have faded. Where the feck do i get these from? Are they hard to replace?

3) I have a push on gear knob. Where can i get replacement from? Any links to swapping these over, i hear they are pain in butt !

Thanks in advance for any help ! :)

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
Get in contact with Dazzer on here. He does custom and even OE-look domed badges.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Front badge is easiest to deal with. New ones are available from XPart (part number DAH000040WXA); you just need to heat the old badge up to soften the adhesive, and lever it off (use a thick cloth under your levering tool to avoid damage to the paintwork).

Alternatively the genuine MG Rover insert for those badges are available on eBay (FRONT/ REAR MG Car Badge Fits MG ZR ZS ZT MGF INSERT | eBay) - you just need to heat the badge up, stick a sharp object through the faded insert to lever it off and then clean the adhesive residue off (I use white spirit). Before fitting the insert, I would recommend applying several coats of clearcoat/lacquer around the edge (where it is cut out) - this will seal it against the wet (which is what causes them to delaminate and fade to start with), and it will last for many years.

Rear badge is rather more of a problem - they are no longer available new (part number DAB000340). You can try keeping an eye on eBay in case someone puts a new genuine one up for sale, or you could try one of these enamelled ones off eBay which are the right size - MG ZR, ZS MK2 REAR BOOT BADGE ENAMEL 94MM | eBay.

Rubbing strip decals are relatively easy to deal with - the silver background is simply silver paint and the genuine ZR vinyl decals are still available from XPart (part number DAF000280LFS).

Alternatively, you could get a different type of replacement from dazzer at Locking Vinyl (a site trader on here).

Genuine replacement Gear knobs are no longer obtainable from XPart (although partfinder shows 4 still in stock at AE Wilcox of Wickwar), so if you want an OE one, you will need to look on eBay or in a local breakers yard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rubbing strip decals are relatively easy to deal with - the silver background is simply silver paint and the genuine ZR vinyl decals are still available from XPart (part number DAF000280LFS).
Any advice on the best type of paint to use. Also the best way to apply it? Spray, brush?

Thanks for this info, and to all who replied.

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
If you dont want to paint then you could always vinyl wrap it any colour you like. Again as already said, contact Daz at locking Vinyl for your decals. He can do them any size shape or colour domed or not. He has made quite a fit badges and stuff for me and his quality is exceptional. He is on here if you want to PM hoim or visit his web site for more details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, does anyone know where I could a MG LED back boot badge??? Been searching for months now & I can't find them anywhere. help please. Thanks J

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
No one makes them, so the only option is to either modify or make/design your own. I have got some EL backlit MG badges dotted throughout my car and I am currently toying with making an MG 'light tunnel' badge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts