MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
"two infinitys, and beyond"
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i wud like a new back box for my 105 :D

ive been up to demon tweeks today to take a look around but there wasnt anything that appealed to me that much. I want a big oval shaped one (singular) and i want it to sound loud :D as welll as look good.
I know that there is the MG's Xpower one which i do like actually, but its quiet expensive i thought, £195 to buy then labour? ive seen some cheaper but dont know if they work on a zr 105 (mines completly standard at the mo as far as engine specs go)

What hav you got? Thnx :D

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
yup ur rite gav................ ive got a custom powerflow system mate, sounds the business and looks bob on

i went with full system which was £275 fitted, can have it sound exactly how you want it to, think backbox alone is £175 fitted but u cant choose to make it sound different

·
Registered
102 Posts
i'm in the same position as u d4n and zr-racer, there's only 1 choice 4 me tho, the x-power 6x4inch oval. apparently it sounds the business.
just gotta sell my bloody VTS then i'll finally have the money to order it.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I think its spot on.....as mines a derv it sound totaly different than on a petrol one....its nice and deep when you go over 2k.
as for the one ken has on his that sounds spot on......

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I've got the xpower one, they arn't as noisy on the 105 as they r on the 160.

I only know this cos of [email protected]"S video of his and I know mine doesn't sound quite like that, only after u've been driving a while it gets to that stage.

Well I can give u the thumbs up, if u want a sporty loudness go for it, if u want a boy racer loudness go to powerflow and they'll sort u whatever sound u need.

BUT as people said above, for not much more money than a xpower backbox u can get a full system from powerflow!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try magnex, I threw one on my 160 a couple of weeks ago - don't know if they do oval boxes for the 105 though??? Motorsportworld.co.uk do a good range.

Mine sounds HUGE without the cat on!!! :twisted:[/quote]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts