MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, recently discovered my Sony R6750 has rear aux connection.

I have a problem, i plugged the generic aux cable into the HU and mp3 player but when i pushed 'source' it would not swap to cd or radio options.

Also when the mp3 player was playing the Sony HU would not playback anythink through the 'aux' option on the Hu.

Anyone else had any issues with Sony Aux connection?

cheers.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
well has the headunit got a menu button if so hold it then scroll down and put it on

thats what i did with my kenwood cd player

·
Banned
3,756 Posts
are you sure its a aux input?? Coz my sony hu only had an aux output....but mine was a shoite hu, not advisin anyone to buy the mex 1gp

·
Registered
182 Posts
have u got a pic of the back of the HU ive looked into it and there are different connection types for adding ipod etc using a data cable and aux leads,

When u say the aux in on the back does it have a 3.5mm jack point or r u using the the rca connection??

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
thats what i did when i got mines

mines only gave me radio cd or standby

but i pressed the menu button or look at the handbook to see what yours is
swich it on and had all four

maybe not the same as mines is a kenwood

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, cheers for the replies, input cant be knackered as its never been used! and the hole at the rear of the HU is aux as the size is for the 3.5mm jack. I think i will just stick to mp3 cd's - but what a waste of a function if i cant use it!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hey, cheers for the replies, input cant be knackered as its never been used! and the hole at the rear of the HU is aux as the size is for the 3.5mm jack. I think i will just stick to mp3 cd's - but what a waste of a function if i cant use it!
That 3.5mm jack is most likely for the remote commander stick which is an optional accessory which works as steering wheel controls. If the jack is blue then it's definately for that and you could end up damaging the headunit by supplying it the relatively large current/voltages from the mp3 player. AUX could also be referring to the Bus inputs for connection of an autochanger, if so then your mp3 player still won't play correctly through it as it needs the communications cable to be intact between changer and headunit for correct operation.
Hope this helps,

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That 3.5mm jack is most likely for the remote commander stick which is an optional accessory which works as steering wheel controls. If the jack is blue then it's definately for that and you could end up damaging the headunit by supplying it the relatively large current/voltages from the mp3 player. AUX could also be referring to the Bus inputs for connection of an autochanger, if so then your mp3 player still won't play correctly through it as it needs the communications cable to be intact between changer and headunit for correct operation.
Hope this helps,
Dude this response is perfect.!

The jack from the rear is BLUE - good job i did not continue poking the normal aux cable through it! I read something about the BUS in the manual but it made no sense att all. Many thanks for the help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts