MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used this for the second time today, and i'm getting mixed results. I'm applying a thin layer with an auto glym polishing cloth. When I remove it with a separate auto glym polishing cloth, it buffs up, but I'm getting **** loads of dust which is blatantly dry wax all over the car. I'm following their instructions, I'm just baffled by the finish! Anyone else use it and have the same?

·
Registered
579 Posts
what is your process before using this sealant? to be honest you need to rinse then wash and hoe/pressure wash the body shampoo off. apply a lubricant i.e MEguires last touc and clay the car then re wash and dry. then a good working of auto glym super rsin polish and buffed off then the Extra gloss protection needs at least 45-60 minuites curing time with this time of year and hour the weather is at the moment, then remove with the cloth this will provide ample protection to top it off nicely invest in some collinite 476s . if your process before the extra loss protection is not good enough its just not gonna happen for ya dan dan im sure will post up at some point!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Like above, whats your routine before you used EGP?

Theres a few possiblitys as to why its powdering.

1. Your applying too thick, EGP needs to be put on in very thin layers. 1 large pea size drop on a cloth will do a full panel.

2. Your not leaving it long enough to cure, exactly 1 hour is how long it usually takes depending on the weather conditions.

3. What are you buffing it off with? You should be using a nice plush microfibre to buff off and another clean microfibre for the final wipe.

4. You applied it in the sun and it baked on too quickly, this will cause it powder like hell.

Like saunders said, invest in some Collinite 476 and you wont look back. It's about £5 dearer than EGP and 50 times better.

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rinse, wash, rinse, dry with chamois. Left it overnight in garage the EGP'd today. Left it around 45minutes. Applying with and buffing with auto glym perfect polishing cloths. Maybe it was too thick this time. Applied it in the garage, so there was no sunlight on it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Rinse, wash, rinse, dry with chamois. Left it overnight in garage the EGP'd today. Left it around 45minutes. Applying with and buffing with auto glym perfect polishing cloths. Maybe it was too thick this time. Applied it in the garage, so there was no sunlight on it.
Next time just let it cure abit longer, apply thinner and get yourself a microfibre cloth for buffing it off.

Those perfect polishing cloths are ****e imo, shouldnt really be used for buffing off.

Let us know how you get on next time mate.

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i could do with a few more microfibre clothes, only have one and it was wet at the time. TBH I'm only applying it to keep it easy to clean, the car is absolutely swirled, scratched and stone chipped to hell anyway. But I shall give it a crack your way and see how it comes out :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.