MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im wanting to fit my sub and amp this weekend. I will be going by the sticky thread in this section but i am just wondering if i need to be careful of anything or any further advice?

In my old car I ran the live wire on the left and the rca/remote down the right, should i stick to this or do them in a opposite order?

Do I need to remove the front passenger seat as the sticky suggests? - Am I ok to unclip the wire from underneath the seat?

thanks.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
should be fine to unclip the wire on the seat, to be extra carefull disconnect the battery, you should of done that anyway. and run the wire under the seat to the boot. and ppl say you should seperate the wire but i havent and not noticed anything.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the speedy reply! Thats fine removing the seat. But do the rear quarter panel trims need to be removed? Do you mean running the live sperate to the rca/remote? I would rather run them seperate down the car. Do i need to remove the driver seat if i want to run the rca's down the right side?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I never removed any seats at all, just run them down the side where the rubber seals are, underneath there tucked under the carpet, then with the panels I just unclipped them, and threw the wires where my mate caught them the other end into the boot! Really is simple!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never removed any seats at all, just run them down the side where the rubber seals are, underneath there tucked under the carpet, then with the panels I just unclipped them, and threw the wires where my mate caught them the other end into the boot! Really is simple!
This is exaclty what I want to do! But i just remember when doing that to my old rover coupe the rear quarter panels never sat correctly as I broke a few clips when taking them out - i was careful also.

Are the zr panels easy to remove?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All my wires are in, removed rear quarter panels and luckily had no clips broken! There is no need what so ever to take the front seats out as per sticky on this forum.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes!But.... I took my seats out! How did you manage pulling the quarter trims away from the body without taking the seats out!? that would have saved me alot of time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts