MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as of yesterday i decided to go an atkins diet because i have been injured and unable to train or play football for 4 months and i am beginning to put on weight( i have always been 10 1/2 stone b now i am just over 12!really not happy with it.
im a bit confused with what i can and cannot eat.
can you put a little bit of tomato sauce on your food.
how long do you stay on the diet for?
any help would be greatly appreciated
cheers
craig :grin:

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
be warned, if you're gonna do it, do it properly!!

My friend was doin it and the only thing she did wrong was have milk in her coffee instead of cream and it made it not work!!!!!

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
ive heard it gives u migraine clusters

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im gonna try really hard. do any of you know how long it takes before you start to lose the weight?
ive just stocked up on ham, bacon, cheese and eggs!!!

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
she was eating loads, but she hated not being able to eat fruit and that!!

she lost about 2 lb in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!! all coz she didn't have cream!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i read that your not allowed to drink any tea or coffee.

·
Registered
326 Posts
look the atkins only works if cut out all carbs thats ZERO carbs having eggs and cheese are a no no. if u have steak every meal and water ull loose stones inside weeks but ure kidney takes a heavy beating and ull have bad breath and feel weak

ure allowed 4 weeks max on this diet after that u could be septable to permanent damage

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I did it for a month and lost 2 stone! I found it easy :) Yummy steak but it's hard to stick to! I found it easy and it didn't give me any side affects due to the fact I cannot eat veg anyway! And am practicallya carnivore anyway!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you can eat eggs and chees because on the atkins website it give recipes for omlettes with cheese and cheese snacks

·
Registered
2 Posts
element said:
look the atkins only works if cut out all carbs thats ZERO carbs having eggs and cheese are a no no. if u have steak every meal and water ull loose stones inside weeks but ure kidney takes a heavy beating and ull have bad breath and feel weak

ure allowed 4 weeks max on this diet after that u could be septable to permanent damage
You can eat eggs they have only 0.007g of carbs and cheese is 0.0g
You are allowed either 10g 50g or 100g of carbs a day depending on how much you want to loose. Tea and coffee is ok aswell aslong as you use sweetners and skimmed or semi skimmed milk.
I have been on and off it since january and have lost nearly 4 stone and i feel great for it.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have scoured the atkins website and i cant find anything about milk

·
1,431 Posts
i did it for two weeks, lost like 7lbs

but i felt like shit and i found it too expensive to stick to....

so i got fat again!! YAY!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts