MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the funniest "most-embarrassing-moment" stories I've come upon in a long time was about a lady who picked up several items at a discount store.

When she finally got up to the checker, she learnt that one of her items had no price tag. Imagine her embarrassment when the checker got on the intercom and boomed out for all the store to hear: "PRICE CHECK ON LANE THIRTEEN, TAMPAX, SUPERSIZE."

That was bad enough, but somebody at the rear of the store apparently misunderstood the word "tampax" for "THUMBTACKS." In a business-like tone, a voice boomed back over the intercom: "DO YOU WANT THE KIND YOU PUSH IN WITH YOUR THUMB OR THE KIND YOU POUND IN WITH A HAMMER?"

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
ZRVic said:
One of the funniest "most-embarrassing-moment" stories I've come upon in a long time was about a lady who picked up several items at a discount store.

When she finally got up to the checker, she learnt that one of her items had no price tag. Imagine her embarrassment when the checker got on the intercom and boomed out for all the store to hear: "PRICE CHECK ON LANE THIRTEEN, TAMPAX, SUPERSIZE."

That was bad enough, but somebody at the rear of the store apparently misunderstood the word "tampax" for "THUMBTACKS." In a business-like tone, a voice boomed back over the intercom: "DO YOU WANT THE KIND YOU PUSH IN WITH YOUR THUMB OR THE KIND YOU POUND IN WITH A HAMMER?"
Thats brill :up: :up: :up:

·
2,070 Posts
When i was a kid my cousin had a corner shop and there used to be this old lady that would come in from time to time & she was hard of hearing and her sight was poor ,me and my mates used to sometimes hang about round the place at night ,if she turned up to do her shopping one of us would follow her into the shop and put things in her basket....things like tampons, car mags,dog food and tins of spam she would get to the till and say "ooh i did'nt put that in their whats this i have no use for these" we used to have a compitition to see who could get her to the till with the most unuseable thing she would need poor old dear never caught on.

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Once fitted a foneline extension in a womans bedroom, pulled bed away from wall only to see her battery powered friend hiden down the back, worst of all she just walked in with a cup of coffee at that moment. I don't know who was more embarassed lololol

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
i had to rush to the corner shop once to buy some condoms, was very 'inexperienced' and nervous, they were behind the counter so i plucked up the courage and asked for them quietly, and the guy says to me "what flavour, toffee strawberry or lemon", i was getting even more embarrased and just said lemon, after which he handed me a qurter of a pound of lemon bonbons..... I never went back. lol

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
My exhousemate went for condoms once at the 24 hour window and was presented with hobnobs. Cue me eating pavement with laughter!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts