MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my armrest 2day and I know how it is to be fitted just cannot undo the bolts under the cover for the original armrest how have other people got these undone?

Help much appreciated

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anti clockwise? what is the best equipment to be using cant really get an adjustable spanner in and pliers won't do the trick either. dunno if they've been undone before and someone has tightened them but they won't budge lol

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok well I know that a socket set was the correct way but I need to borrow one so tried with pliers incase they weren't at all tight but they are lol. Will borrow one now guess my dad will kno someone who has one. Thanks for the help.

I understand that a way of doing something may sound stupid to someone who knows how to do it already but it may not be so obvious to someone who is unsure hense why asking questions on here. I see questions asked on here which in my opinion may seem stupid but I don't treat them with sarcasm since they obviously woudn't be asking if they weren't unsure. Just something for people to keep in mind :)

·
Registered
18,670 Posts
yeah defo need a socket set, no chance with pliers, they are bolted down so tight.
use some copper slip on the bolts before you screw them back in..will come out much easier next time you need to undo them

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
A socket set. Pliers lol are you serious?
+1!!!!!

Ok well I know that a socket set was the correct way but I need to borrow one so tried with pliers incase they weren't at all tight but they are lol. Will borrow one now guess my dad will kno someone who has one. Thanks for the help.

I understand that a way of doing something may sound stupid to someone who knows how to do it already but it may not be so obvious to someone who is unsure hense why asking questions on here. I see questions asked on here which in my opinion may seem stupid but I don't treat them with sarcasm since they obviously woudn't be asking if they weren't unsure. Just something for people to keep in mind :)
But you DID know the correct way to do it, yet still sounded surprised that the pliers idea wasn't working. Sorry mate, but that's just daft.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
granted i was bein a fool but ur all the same as me when somethin new arrives you just want it fitted lol. Waiting for a socket set was annoying lol but still found one at my gfs house as her stepdad had one and i've done it now lol. Thanks to black_sunrise lol I do have a go at everything myself even though I am far from mechanically minded since i studied maths and business and uni and not engineering or something lol.

Anyways just wanted it fitted and got it in now lol.
Thanks to all you guys for your help anyways on this and other things I have done. You've all turned me into a DIY modder rather than a cheque book modder and thats what its all about imo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.