MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 knackered 200vi REAR hub and one that is fine. I was going to replace the hub with one from a ZR160 but I wanted to check they are all the same? I assume its only the caliper size that is different in terms of brakes?

I don't have ABS so this isn't a problem, just wandered if running a 160 hub on one side and a 200vi hub would cause any problems? I would be running the vi calipers on the hubs.

Ta :D

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was going to replacec the whole assembly (everything in that pic) so I can convert the 105 to discs. Does that make sense?

I didn't know you could take the hub apart, I thought it was a sealed unit, interesting.....oh and thanks for the PM :D

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
I was going to replacec the whole assembly (everything in that pic) so I can convert the 105 to discs. Does that make sense?

I didn't know you could take the hub apart, I thought it was a sealed unit, interesting.....oh and thanks for the PM :D
Right so lets get this correct...

Your converting a rear 105 axle to take rear disc brakes ?

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right so lets get this correct...

Your converting a rear 105 axle to take rear disc brakes ?
Yes. I have the calipers and carriers from a 200vi but one of the hubs is f00ked so I'm looking at getting a replacement hub (as I know of a cheap one from a 160) but I wanted to check that they are all the same accross the range (200vi, 25gti, ZR 120/160 etc)

:wizard:

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
Yes. I have the calipers and carriers from a 200vi but one of the hubs is f00ked so I'm looking at getting a replacement hub (as I know of a cheap one from a 160) but I wanted to check that they are all the same accross the range (200vi, 25gti, ZR 120/160 etc)

:wizard:
I should imagine them to be the same tbh..:)

Try sending x power a pm :D

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At the end of the day whatever you do it will still have too many doors! :trease:

:)
Shouldn't you be on detail world jizzing over shiny cars? GTFO

I should imagine them to be the same tbh..:)

Try sending x power a pm :D
We are already in talks.....;)

Don't suppose you could hook a brother up with a copy of that pdf manual you use please? It seems to be more comprehensive then my Haynes :yes:

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
Shouldn't you be on detail world jizzing over shiny cars? GTFO

We are already in talks.....;)

Don't suppose you could hook a brother up with a copy of that pdf manual you use please? It seems to be more comprehensive then my Haynes :yes:
Pm me your email addy :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts