MG ZR Forums banner

Apple or Windows?!?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of buying a laptop and im not sure whether to go for apple or windows. The biggest use of the laptop is going to be for making music and ive heard apple is the way to go wen it comes to music but im just worried that not getting windows is going to be a mistake?!? arggh someone enlighten me please..... [-o<

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mac, definately... Designed for media use, looks luuuuuuuuuuurvely, and doesn't run Windows.

Most software will operate on Mac O/S too - personally that's going to be the next pc/notebook I buy, but I keep getting free ones... #-o

·
Registered
85 Posts
i had the same choice a few months back....Opted for a Apple Powerbook with 15" widescreen....i was very worried about using an Apple for the first time...BUT what a difference!! MAC OS X is FAR superior to windows in every way. NO errors, stable, quick..... You won't regret choosing an Apple.

They look gorgeous to, just 1" thick. You can get Mac Microsoft Office which apparently is superior to the Windows Version!!!

AND, i am now selling my laptop!!! If ya interested PM me

·
Registered
80 Posts
I dunno about stable I reckon we get as many crashed macs as we do pc's at work personally and mac owners also seem the type liable to throw a misbehaving computer down the stairs.. however given that the mac makes better use of processor and ram than a pc (which just eats whatever you give it) you might find the mac nicer to use...

Just my two pence!

Too be honest though, these days with the speed of processors and the amount of ram you can get, I reckon whichever you go for I am sure you will find ample for your requirements... just depends on budget. a massively expensive pc will beat a mac, thing is, why bother when the mac is good too and is probably a bit cheaper. Upgrade path on a mac isnt so straight-forward but they are easier to upgrade than apple would like you to think since they like you to pay a visit to their "repair" centers.. lol..

·
Sick puppy!
8,091 Posts
well i do graphic design and i use mac and i have a mate who does sound engineering and remixing and he highly recommends mac...but there are alot of softwartee for pc so it personal preference really matey but i would say mac.

·
Registered
85 Posts
yeah definitely personal preference...... i have a pc also, i just prefer using the mac seems more user friendly :mrsmiley:

i think you would be happy what ever you choose, just don't be bowled over by high processor speeds etc... they don't mean an awful lot these days.. my P4 2.6ghz runs everything i throw at it perfect.... just make sure you have a reasonable amount of ram, id say 1 gig....

good luck choosing :mrsmiley:

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
If i had the money i would always go with MAC...MS are shite....and its a shame that apple are a bit pricey.

So much easier to use and look a lot sexier that the dull standerd PCs and laptops ya get...

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
My next one would be a Mac - no question about it.

Mac OSX is built on top of the FreeBSD 4.5 kernel - thats what companies like Yahoo and Google use for their online systems, as well as many ISPs.

Not 100% error free, but what is? Graphics are much smoother, presentation is much nicer - most office type applications are available on both platforms.

The Mac laptops look better too!

The downside - dont ever think about upgrading the hardware, but its a laptop, by the time it needs the upgrade you're better off buying a new one.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My XP has never crashed.

I had had the odd program lock up but XP itself is rock solid.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
XP is slow but has never crashed on me, running 3 years never turned me computer off (only reset when applicable)

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
But XP requires frequent visits to Windows Update, not to mention is the biggest target for viruses in the world!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts