MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys heres some pics of my new enclosed induction kit ...... the extra power i now get is worth every penny for this beauty

hope you like :grin:

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Its gotta be good if you can feel it, but i have to say, it looks great too!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wasnt too sure at first but now its settled in, the extra power in 1st and 2nd is fantastic.............only down side is less noise, but thats where the powerflow kicks in :wink:

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ZR__Lincs said:
wheres the cold feed routed?
im using the original air box feed (behind the headlight) as the air feed that came with the filter is huge!!!! no place to feed it down to the floor ](*,)

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
<coughs> street racer!! <coughs again>

·
Registered
314 Posts
muldersZR said:
ZR__Lincs said:
im using the original air box feed (behind the headlight) as the air feed that came with the filter is huge!!!! no place to feed it down to the floor ](*,)
so you have used the telescopic corregated tube to link between the filter and the original cold air feed? Did you take the bottom half of the air box out?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ZR__Lincs said:
muldersZR said:
ZR__Lincs said:
so you have used the telescopic corregated tube to link between the filter and the original cold air feed? Did you take the bottom half of the air box out?
yes mate ive removed the box............this filter is huge.........hence why its at an angle, wouldnt fit with anything there..........and used a heat resistant feed between the filter mouth and the original feed

·
Registered
79 Posts
How much is the apiro kit for the 105?! Has anybody got any idea's? I persume this enclosed kit wud'nt make a roaring sound like the open air filter?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah this enclosed one doesnt make any induction roar and it cost me £90. But is worth every penny imo. Really does make a noticeable difference in first and second gear! Apiro also do open filters if thats what u want, the aero for £30 and the ultimo for £40. I had the ultimo be4 this enclosed kit and its excellent and a bargain at 40notes!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
go to this site mate http://www.iconstyling.com/ and when you register but in the discount code as shown in the discount section on this forum and you'll get 10% off! and no need for a garage mate, will take you 10mins tops to fit yourself. Just remove the airbox and attach the new filter. Job done :grin: the only tricky bit is fitting the air feed. As you can see on mine im using the original feed that went into the airbox. There probably is a better place for the air feed to go but bugger me if i know where :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts