MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got a zed that's had an MOT yet. Any model, but particularly a diesel.
Has anyone's zed failed the 1st or 2nd MOT at all, and what did it fail on?

Just wondering because mine's due for it's 1st one soon!!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Same here m8. mine is the 160 and its 3 years old on the 01March!! Cant believe how quick it has gone... Do we have to get the MOT at the start or end of the month?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's any time during that month. Normally by the last day of the month.

Got a letter from MG-Rover saying they'll repair anything which goes wrong in a 1st MOT on my vehicle, but it's still not nice when it fails one

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh yeah of course, but I always keep an eye on consumables anyway. It's the person's own fault if it fails on something like low pads, or a blown headlight bulb or something TBH

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spanner385 said:
MOT is valid one year from the date on the previous certificate. Suggest you check with the DVLA to be sure though.
How about if you haven't got a 'previous certificate'

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I lied :mrgreen:

When should my vehicle take an MOT Test?
Vehicles should receive their first MOT when they reach 3 years of age.

If a car is registered with no prior use on the road, the MOT will be required three years after the date of manufacture. For example, a car registered "from new" on 25th April 2000 will require its MOT no later than 25th April 2003. If a car is used prior to registration, as would be the case with an import, the MOT will be required three years from the end of the year of manufacture. For example a car manufactured at any time in 2000 will require an MOT no later than 31st December 2003. There is no grace period given after these dates.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Just make sure you get the details of who you talk to at the DVLA as the have a habit of making a monkeys backside of things in my experience. Just in case they try to fine you and they didn't do their job properly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a TD had my MOT already, went through no problems. i waited untill the last day of the month. but folling on from what flash has said, i guess i should have done it sooner.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Had mine about 3 weeks ago and it passed no problem. They also fixed a noisy exhaust, fixed the noisy heater, replaced the heater control knob which was spinning.

They also gave it a service.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nac said:
Had mine about 3 weeks ago and it passed no problem. They also fixed a noisy exhaust, fixed the noisy heater, replaced the heater control knob which was spinning.

was it duttons that did all that 4 you

·
Registered
314 Posts
first MOT is exactly three years after the date of first registration...... not at the end of that month (unless it was registered at the end of the month!)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
staccato said:
nac said:

was it duttons that did all that 4 you
Yeah, it was. The only thing they messed up was forgetting to put the rear ash tray back in after adjusting the hand brake.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts