MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting my 160 on the rolling road up at Dastek this Sunday and wondering if any1 else had before and what did they get? Should i expect 160bhp or will it be less(hope not!)? Any1 used fuel boosters, do you think they work?
Saz

·
Registered
8,474 Posts
the reason for the power difference is because the models are in PS, hense why the 160 is 157 and the 120 is 118.

fuel boosters are a waste of time as the idea is to lift the octane rating of the fuel, which is pointless because the k series doesnt have a knock sensor so it cant read the increased octane.

also, i had heard that due to the fact that octane is rated in tenths, ie 0.1, when the bottle says it lifts your octane rating by 4 points it doesnt mean it lifts it from 95 to 99, it means it lifts it from 95 to 95.4, dont know how much truth there is to that though.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies so far.

What would the point in using octane booster be then if it only boosts it 0.4 rons, thats not even as useful as using optimax or something is it ? Or is that why nobody uses them lol

Engine is standard just now so 157bhp minus 3 years wear and tear, so 150-155bhp?

Whats the torque on the cars as standard?

·
Rover Owner
3,488 Posts
A standard 160. I would be happy with anything above 155bhp but you need to take it with a pinch of salt really. Most people agree that RR's produce generally arbitrary figures that have little reflection on the cars ability, unless of cause you are using it as a bench mark for future development in which case you can revisit the same RR and know that an differences should be an acurate reflection of changes in the engines performance.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this sunday coming Stuarty, up at Dastek. Going up with Ross, he's taking his 200sx(which he's hoping to get 340bhp) so thought would put my baby on. scared incase i don't get 155-160bhp!

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
this sunday coming Stuarty, up at Dastek. Going up with Ross, he's taking his 200sx(which he's hoping to get 340bhp) so thought would put my baby on. scared incase i don't get 155-160bhp!
Ah cool, always wanted to put mine on the rollers there but never had a chance. Maybe once the car's finished I will... ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
i pooed my pants when i put mine on, and was gutted when i got the results, but when thought about it, i cheered up a bit. Mine was with just a Magnex back box

·
Registered
304 Posts
because i was expecting to much from it, when i sat down and thought about it, i was quite pleased.

Just saying dont be surprised if its down on power thats all.

·
Registered
304 Posts
cant remember really it was a long time ago, back when i thought it possible to get 200bhp without any effort at all. Didnt know much about the VVC back then.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks i'm well dreading it!!! i post up what i get on sunday night... or might not if its bad:)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Its a crazy thing seeing your car running at full chat, with it stood still. Get behind and feel the follow coming out the exhaust its unbelieveable. I was in constant fear it was going to come off, blow up, and something was going to go wrong.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts