MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well here it is, a VERY LOUD bang and the results! on my way to college tonight, hadnt made it to the A17 when i got a loud bang from the rear, thought it was a punture, so i stopped, couldnt see one, so started jacking the car up just in case a bearing had exploded (slim chance) and there it was! the spring had broken!

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy, shurup! at least it wasnt some animal that caused this! :lol:

lincs, they are both the same mate, GTE has 101BHP GSi 100, later models (the hand full of L reg cars) will have cats therefore slower.

i think myself lucky i wasnt bombing it down the back road i was on, just had to slow for a van to turn off and was only doing about 30-40 mph, glad it wasnt a corner or this might not be a post with a picture of a spring!

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers rach! yeh i'm ok, but mum's doing my head in, all she seems to care about is the fact that my other mode of transport (in worst cases) is sitting still with a flat battery which needs replacing! not that fact that i could of been in a **** and now been tring to fish the car i've only just finished paying for out of it! thought she might have cared seeing as i'm her only one! :eek:hwell: :-s

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ps. that was not a simpathy (sp) post at all! honest! :lol:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
2 of the springs on my corsa broke and I drove around on it for ages before I relised my car was looking even lower then ususal!! I hear it is a very commen thing now with the state of some of the roads!!

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeh it does sound that way.

my dad works for a garage running the recovery side of things. he told me this morning about a guy who brought a Astra in for a serivce, when they looked, it had a broke spring on the rear passenger side. same as mine!

atm its looking like its a vauxhall thing. the lowering springs had come off my last nova which got written off, hit hard in the drivers side rear, the shock was slightly bent so there is a small possibility that the spring was damaged then but that was about 18 months ago i put them on!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well Adam mate sure you last night so the No-go is back on the road :cool: wouldn't of put that spring on from the other write off car though, seems at £100 for a set of new springs an expensive risk.

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you learn by your mistakes andy, like i said it took 18months for it to brake. and i didnt use the shocks has it was slightly bent. and its a shame i could hide a family of small dwarfs in my rear arches saturday!

when i fitted the standard springs the drivers side fell out, in 2 parts as well! was a bit shocking to think i hadnt heard that one go. :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts