MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i would resurrect a classic thread...

Howay ppl lay down your opinions and stuff??? :up:

All together now... DARREN

He he he ;)

Where is that cool character nowadays...how i miss him so and the banter between good friends!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
i bought a Nitrous kit for my ZR but i crashed it before i had a chance to fit it lol alot of people slag off nitrous and say you better off getting a perminant increase in power but sometimes you dont want that u just want a nice cheep increase in power for a short time also i love the idea of some1 turbo charging a ZR i found out about it when i had my ZR and they said it would cost about £5000 for a turbo conversion

·
Registered
167 Posts
Instead of turbo'ing a ZR engine, the best route to go down would be to have a 2litre Turbo engine conversion. This would cost you far less, would be more reliable and would be a dam site quicker.

NOS on the other hand is a nice option for show purposes, not so good for racing on the roads. You can control Nitrous to offer a constant flow, aswell as a burst. These variable NOS kits are available on the site if anyone is considering them.

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
i am thinking of cellotaping a turbo to my 1.3!!!

asa for NoS maybe but i think a direct shot of O2 will do more.........when i try this can some one please catch my rotors as they land in France?

·
455 Posts
wouldnt you need two though Mickey?

·
4,103 Posts
You lot are really Naasty to the poor Darren!!!! :x:

I saw him the other day and he showed me a pic of his new engine thats gonna be installed next year so here its is!

:wohow:

·
4,103 Posts
apparently it will only be powering the left hand side of the car!

it came off one of his dad fleet!

as for needing 2 turbos the answer is no! just the one although 2 would be nice!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts