MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been losing a very small amount of water which i top up say every month and half. i borrowed a compression test tool. which i have done and the was no psi loss on the gauge and no water went down.

I've had the HG + WATER PUMP AND INLET MANIFOLD GASKET all done just before last Christmas and i brought a new cap from some motor factory( which looks different than an OE one and also when i tighten it up i try and do it really tight and it just seems to go tight then loosen up again so i have to tighten it again but not to much as it keeps slipping round)

any ideas could it be a dodgy cap? or something else?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
is it the plastic inlet manifold you've got?could double check the inlet gasket as sometine they go brittle,if not could be the inlet manifold it self has worn away in a certain place allowing it to leak slightly, but would try changing the cap 1st

·
thinking of a turbo
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is it the plastic inlet manifold you've got?could double check the inlet gasket as sometine they go brittle,if not could be the inlet manifold it self has worn away in a certain place allowing it to leak slightly, but would try changing the cap 1st
na don't have a plastic one mate and i check all around there when doing the compression test and couldn't see nothing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.