MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm Neal, I bought my ZR 160 back in April and it’s a great car. I got it with full black leather and monogram paint. Fitted a nice Kenwood Mask CD head unit and a couple of CD changers. I've recently put a personalised plate on it to. Had a couple of problems with the coolant leaking and a noisy electric window but other than that it’s been problem free and the MG dealer fixed all that under warranty recently.

It was all going well with the motor until I stopped at a pedestrian crossing and some idiot in a Pug 206 crash into the back of me at about 30 :aww: . Luckily the pedestrians had finished crossing. The back of my ZR is a bit of a mess and it will need a new boot and the rear arches are smashed in as well the rear bumper hanging off. I spent the night in hospital and nearly got rushed for emergency surgery. I have a transplant kidney that was looking like it might be damaged after the crash. Luckily it all sorted itself out on its own and I'm back home with a sore neck and back and no driving for me for a while. My insurance is sorting it but the idiot who crashed into me is saying it was my fault! I'm gonna try and do him for a personal injury claim as well.

The police didn't seem to wanna know that this idiot could have nearly killed me. I never got to speak to them at the accident cause I was carted off in the Ambulance before they turned up. My mrs asked them to come and see me in hospital a few times and at home and they didn't. In the end I had to get someone to take me over to the police and they still weren’t that interested, took some details and said they would ask the copper who dealt with it to come round, still haven't heard from them!

Oh well hopefully it will be fixed over the next few weeks and I'll be back driving when my neck and back are better. :)

Neal

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Nice to know your ok mate, and also nice to know the police are "making the community a safer place" too.

·
X-ZR Owner
1,120 Posts
Damn... Sorry to hear that. Hope the crout driving twat gets whats coming to him. Oh yeah Welcome to the site :grin:

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Hello!!! Sorry about ur car, we're here to help :D

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
would have been nicer to welcome u under different circumstances mate ,but sorry to hear about your misfortunes and you are very welcome none theless.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) to the pug driver #-o #-o

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
Welcome to the site mate, sorry bout your misfortunes, but lets hope you have her back all better soon!!

Where in Suffolk you from?

·
Registered
14,935 Posts
Welcome hun.....

sorry about the accident, main thing is ur ok now...hope all gets sorted... [-o<

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers for the welcome everyone, I'm starting to feel a bit better but my neck and back are still killin. Got some pain killers off the docs so thats helping.

My Zed is in for repair should be back in a few weeks time.

The Police are still not helping, suprise!!

Neal

·
Big Slicks agony uncle
1,885 Posts
Keep us informed as to what happens.

If the police say it was your fault for stopping at a pedstrian crossing when there was people on it, get them to put it in writing, then you can publish it on here and we can all carry on driving along no matter how many people want to cross the road when the green man is exposing himself or flashing. \:D/

Ewan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts