MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

im not a zr owner but i came across 3 zr owners in a suffolk town on friday night. very nice cars :) i have been looking into getting a zr :) looking for basic details, ie. what insurance group are they etc etc!

thanks for any help :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
lol i was there:thumbsup:. mine was the grey one

iirc the insurace groups are

1.4(105) group 9
1.8(120) group 11
1.8vvc(160) group 16

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info..... :)

All 3 cars that night looked soooooo good :) Seen ya driving around before :) Do ya know that blue one that is always parked in that driveway on that parkway roundabout you get to when coming out of town past the BFP office?

Hmmmmm.......not sure I will have the money for the insurance!! :(

·
Registered
102 Posts
cheers mate

no ive seen the car parked there but i never seen it driving around.

i fort i wudnt be able to insure mine which is group 11, im 19 with 1yrs ncb fullycomp for £1100. my mate has the 1.4(group9) same circumstances and is paying £500 so there not too bad

·
Registered
102 Posts
yes thanx mate.

if you ever see me round town feel free to stop and say hi and your more than welcome to have a looksy round the cars and ask for any info you need.

p.s. it might pay to ckeck the difference of insurance between a pre 53plate zr and a post 53 as they have uprated cat1 alarms and that drops the insurance

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
right ok, thanks for that info, started to get some quotes for a rough guide!

yeh i will keep an eye out for ya when i am out and about :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chap120, saw a zr the same colour as yours on moreton hall area today......couldn't really see the car though, may not have been you!!

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
welcome fella...insurance aint too bad i dint think i cud afford mine 21 wit 0 NCB and its only £900

1 - 20 of 43 Posts