MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to add a spell checker facility to the posting section, or does that pose a difficult problem?

Bcors sumtymes ower speling is not kwite wot it shud be. We all mayk misstakes and it gust mite hellp 2 make sum posts more legible ?

Personally, I hate when I have just posted something, read through it again, find out that I have made yet another error and so feel that I have to then edit it and put it right.

I do use the preview facility, but sometimes letters just get transposed within a word and I miss 'em. Possibly 'cos I type like an arse.

I am not knocking anyone's grammar or spelling ability at all - I am equally guilty, but some posts can be quite difficult to read.

Maybe it's because Microsoft Word is so forgiving and always points out my spelling and grammatical errors that I have just got used to it's help.

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Hoogie? Remember the big flashing neon punctuation sign I mentioned earlier? lol

Spell checker spunds like a good idea in theory, but we use so many abbreviations and cut-down 'net words (m8, LOL, etc) that it might make things difficult...if it can be done Im sure Mark & Hob can do it tho :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
dunno wat ya mean mate get on de old bella we speka da lingo no probs mate no probs, if we add summin lie dat den all wed wud c was spellin 'takes and it make s look dumb, i fink im a pretty good spella pesonarly, you startin.

:D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ROFPMSL at you giyz - Wot cann eye saye. Yew cann alwheys overryde a spelcheka iff yew wont2, butitt mite hellp 2 meck summ powsts mower reedabull.

the punctuation job would be good as well how about a big rubber mallet that pops out of the screen and twats anyone wot either forgets their punctuation or just gets it wrong because endless lines of text without commas or full stops is also very difficult to read espeshully wen itz combyned with spelink mystakes aswel ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

·
892 Posts
Yeah, i can do it, but i ain't gonna.

It will just get annoying, cos of all the abbreviations that are used

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Bech100 said:
Yeah, i can do it, but i ain't gonna.

It will just get annoying, cos of all the abbreviations that are used
whatever, its just you knw the admin post would be half red :D

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK no problem, you guys make the calls. If it's a non starter, so be it. :grin:

I am certain that you guys are also aware of the following, but not everyone else may be.

In the MS Word spellchecker, it is easy to add words or common abbreviations to the spellcheckers dictionary that you use, that it, doesn't recognise, just by telling it that they are proper words.

That eliminates most of the the annoyance factor when these words occur again.

I would also suggest that it be an optional tool at the authors control to correct or not correct any word it may not like

1 - 7 of 7 Posts