MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I treated myself to a new head unit recently and now i can amp up my door speakers. One problem, how the hell do you get the speaker wire into the door via the plugs? Or could muz come through and do it for me if a pay your fuel?

I know i'm a lazy bugger.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Being lazy myself I used the existing wires, connecting them on the other side of the head unit's connector block.
Whilst the standard wiring could be better, it sounds good with my Infinity components and a great improvement than without the amp.
:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
i put my speakers in the kick panels in builds, is your plug full or do you have a space in the bottom? as you can make a hole through it to run cabling- found this out when i had to fit about three sets of electric windows into zr,s at work.. good luck

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
you can use the existing wire.just run the amp"d wire into the mulit plug at the back of the head unit and fit the cross over in the door.......

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have tweeters in the doors but by the sounds of things connecting to the original wires at the back of the head unit sounds like the best plan. Cheers guys.

·
1,626 Posts
Hey mate

If you are just using h/u power use existing wires

However if using an amp you should use some decent OFC cable

If you want I will come through and help ya do it no worries

1 - 7 of 7 Posts