MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a vibe 2800 watt amp all wired up correctly been working but now nothing i have checked over all the wires and looked at all the fuses,

when i switch the head unit on the amp clicks and comes on like its supposed to but nothing comes out of the sub i have checked all sub wires and the wires in the back of the unit + amp and all is good but still nothing, so i had an idea i turned my amp on and connected my mates sub audio wires from his head unit to my amp and still nothing. The subs have not blown but i just cant understand why or what the amp is doing and yes the gain is up along with the other dials.

any idea whats happening ???? can this be fixed

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah there connected fine and dont think its bridged and yeah am bk this weekend mate. ITS JUST ANNOYING ME lol

·
sideshow bob
9,834 Posts
how do you know the subs not blown?

try linking a different sub to the amp.

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
might be the connections inside the amp or as he says the sub might be blown, what about changing fuses then going from there

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just done it and also replaced the sub with my spare space one and still nothing

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how do you know the subs not blown?

try linking a different sub to the amp.
will do but i no cause i fitted my other sub that i no was not blown

·
sideshow bob
9,834 Posts
right well due to process of elimination, if you say its defo wired up correctly:

HU will should be fine if you've run a mates and still didnt get any audio
You've tested another sub, still no audio.

So id say its gotta be the amp! (unless you've got anthing else between.....epi etc..)

Power is going to it as you say it clicks etc, so its no external wiring... therefore id say its something internal with the amp...which usually means its new amp time! (unless you're a dab hand with electronics!) :S

·
Registered
117 Posts
i think i had this problem a long long time ago. i found there was 2 problems.

1) the earth
2) i had RCA connected to the wrong wire at the back of the HU.. try these

daz
I with you on dat one

Sounds seriuosly like you have some dodgy Aux cables, replace these!

Are the green or red lights on the amp?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts