MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swear I'm developing OCD when it comes to car cleaning. I just popped in halfrauds to get an air fresher and ended up spending £24. :(

Bought a lambs wool mit, wheel cleaner brush, autoglym interior shampoo stuff and autoglym metal polish. I have a load more stuff in the garage too. The stuff i can think of:

- Megs washing mit
- x3 megs drying towel
- Tutle Wax Nano tech Shampoo
- Snow Foam
- Snow Foam pH neutral
- Turtle wax ice wax
- Megs Quick Detailer Spray
- x3 Megs Clay
- x5 Microfiber cloths
- Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner
- Turtle Wax Tyre Gel
- Autoglym Resin Polish
- Megs NXT Spray Wax
- Megs Glass Cleaner
- Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine
- Autoglym Fast Glass
- Simoniz Alloy Wheel Sealant
- Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
- Turtle Wax Upolstery Cleaner

I'm also defiantely buying some Autoglym HD Wax soon as my neighbour has used it and the results are simply amazing.

Anyone else?

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Thats a nice collection of cleaning gear you have mate lol

I love cleaning my car, and yeah anytime I'm near cleaning products for cars for more than about 3 minutes, I end up buying something, even if its the smallest thing that there is i.e. those flash dash sponge things :D lol

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
I swear I'm developing OCD when it comes to car cleaning. I just popped in halfrauds to get an air fresher and ended up spending £24. :(

Bought a lambs wool mit, wheel cleaner brush, autoglym interior shampoo stuff and autoglym metal polish. I have a load more stuff in the garage too. The stuff i can think of:

- Megs washing mit
- x3 megs drying towel
- Tutle Wax Nano tech Shampoo
- Snow Foam
- Snow Foam pH neutral
- Turtle wax ice wax
- Megs Quick Detailer Spray
- x3 Megs Clay
- x5 Microfiber cloths
- Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner
- Turtle Wax Tyre Gel
- Autoglym Resin Polish
- Megs NXT Spray Wax
- Megs Glass Cleaner
- Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine
- Autoglym Fast Glass
- Simoniz Alloy Wheel Sealant
- Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection
- Turtle Wax Upolstery Cleaner

I'm also defiantely buying some Autoglym HD Wax soon as my neighbour has used it and the results are simply amazing.

Anyone else?
Thats a small list... I got as much as that, in megs stuff, and i have at least 15 microfiber cloths

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After reading the DW forums I couldn't use a sponge if I wanted too. I'm now at the stage where I'm using a mit for the upper half of my car and a seperate mit for the lower half - combined with the coverted "two bucket method".

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dodo juice stuff?
Have a look here

From what I've read its a type of carnauba wax that all the professional detailers are saying gives exceptional results. A lot are saying that the results are what you expect from a much more expensive wax. @ CYC they all seem to be around the £30 mark.

Want to have a try of HD wax especially after seeing this video :) (taken from this thread). :mario:

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
ERm, i use them all :S
ALL 10 of them? Your car must be so clean it would make me damp with joy :blush: lol

CAn buy packs for 10 microfiber cloths from the bay of dreams

E.g. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-x-Soft-Mic...rkparms=72:12|39:1|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 = 10 for £8.68.

Have seen cheaper ones though.
Ooh, cheers for the info and the link :)

i have selective ocd...i have to have a neat conveyer belt when food shopping
lol I'm a freak about packing stuff so that every bit of space there is has been used as efficiently as possible, i.e when I'm packing bags, the car, my drawers, the fridge... lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts