MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just woundering, i have a 1.4 zr with 17's on. if i changed them for 19" would there be a big loss in acceleration?

thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
best get a road pilot or road angel so you have a corret speedo it also means your mileage is higher than you actually drive
you may have to roll your arches to get them on especially if you want it lowering
i'm running 18's with less rubber so they are the same diameter as the 17's looks great and no major problems

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
you dont neet to roll your archs for 19's as there are atleast 4 people on the site and 2 of them have lowered there car by 35mm and theres no rubbing

·
Registered
79 Posts
it will need to be no bigger than a
215/20R19 tyre

·
Registered
775 Posts
Hummm im running on 19" x 7" no mods at all and lowered 35mm with avo springs , and 215/35/19 tyre (this is the tyre that will fit with NO MODS), i can sling the car round as normal and no catching , my web site shows the car before lowering (needs updating) but none the less they will go on with no mods at all and dont anyone tell ya different,

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
jonnaz said:
Yeah but your spedo reeding will be wrong as the rolling radius of the tyre is larger
i think hes got a road angel so he could use that for a more accurate reading

the speedo it out anyway permantly 4 - 6 MPH faster than you are accually are

·
Registered
775 Posts
LOL oh my life is this about 19" allys or speed readings ,

im driving down the road in the zed (shades on :cool1: ) its roaring from the back end and sucking from the front the arches are over the tyres and people on the sides are going look at the f..king wheels on that , im thinking I WONDER IF MY SPEEDO IS 0.2 MILES PER HOUR OUT i think not LOL

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for your info. dont know whether to stay at 17" but get chromes, or get 19's? :wallb: what would you go for?

d4ve

·
Registered
775 Posts
I have 19"s was going to go for chromes but most companys wont guarantee that the finish wouldnt spoil, thought it a bit of a risk , most said show use only wouldnt use on an every day car, and they are a lot of ££££££ if they go sh.t .

·
989 Posts
Shifty said:
you dont neet to roll your archs for 19's as there are atleast 4 people on the site and 2 of them have lowered there car by 35mm and theres no rubbing
You dont need to ''roll'' your arches but you do need to push the lip of the body work in so that when you hit bumps and wot not it doesnt rub and rip the fuck out of ya tires...

ive got 17's on now and ive dropped it on its arse but with my car being in an accident on the near side i cant push the lip of the bodywork up therefor when i have 3 people in the back and i hit a bump it rubbs like a fucker. oh and the people with the 19's ... im sure theyve had the tires specially made but i aint 100% sure.

·
Registered
775 Posts
You dont need to ''roll'' your arches but you do need to push the lip of the body work in so that when you hit bumps and wot not it doesnt rub and rip the fuck out of ya tires...
Hum wheels are 19"x7" with 215 /35/zr19

lowered on avo springs 35mm

NO cutting
NO rolling of arches
NO trimming of inner arch
NO messing at all
No scrubbing on full lock

Bolt on and have fun

Got them
Done it
Got the t-shirt

·
Registered
775 Posts
Think the std wheel is 7.5" x 17" the 19"s are 7" x 19" the std tyre are 225/17" the 19"s are 215/35/19 , it is most important that the 19"s are 7" wide and not 7.5" and that the offset is correct . i think mine where 42 offset, there are i belive about 4 tyre companys now that do this size tyre,

1 - 20 of 23 Posts