R

·
0 Posts
Aah I don't actually know the offset of my wheels that I've got atm :svk:

I'm good at this :laugh:

·
Registered
352 Posts
hmmm, is anybody tried to put on R14 metal?! on 105, they got pretty small brake discs etc! Maybe fit ?! i want to put nice good winter tire R14-185/70

·
Registered
5 Posts
Car alloy wheel fitment etc, offset, PCD, and tyre size available at this link

Click here

The link below tells you effectivly how a tyre/wheel size will affect your speedo reading, thought it could be good for people before they buy wheels/tyres.

click here

What is PCD?

PCD or Pitch Circle Diameter, to put it simply is the distance between holes diagonally. All of the MG Rover range (except the rover 75/MG ZT) share the same PCD

MG ZR PCD is 4x100mm
Centre Bore is 56.1

Offset

The MG ZR offset is 38..45, the offset of a wheel is the measurement the wheel is offset from the centre line of the overall width of the wheel. You cn go above this...alloy ill either stick out too much or too less

A wheel which sits further under the wheel arch with a small outer rim is normally a negative offset as per Diagram A below, and shown as 'ET' offset. A wheel which sits further out and has either a larger outer rim or a small outer rim and a large block which takes the hub mounting face beyond the centre line is normally a positive offset and shown as an 'ET' offset.

Hopefully this will help people so thought id post it up
Shafz,
The link is broken, anyone know of an equivalent site?
Got here looking for the answer to whether 205/50 17's will fit the MG ZR160 i.l.o. 45 aspect? I particularly wanted Dunlops as they transformed another car I fitted them to. Here in Aus they're hard to come by, when you do they tend to be crazy prices but I spotted the 50 series for 60% of the price for the 45's
Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You can try Visual Tyre Size Calculator | Kouki Tech for comparing the physical dimensions of different tyre sizes.

There is a gap of only a few mm between the the lower spring support cup and the tyre with 205/45/17 tyres fitted to the standard wheels, so I don't know if the 50 profile will fit without rubbing (they will probably rub on the back of the wheel arch on full lock anyway - there is very little clearance and the ZR has restricted travel on the steering rack compared with the 200 and 25 to stop the standard ZR tyre sizes rubbing).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts