MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any suggestions out there?

i take it a half decent auto electrician can install one. how long would it take?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used too fit them for a livin about 3 hours ish depending what alarm it is and car its going on
cool, would be going on a MK1 ZR 3dr with front electric windows.

have you ever fitted total closure aswell? is it possible to fit on the ZR? id like that on it if possible.

whats the best manufacturers? are falcon any good?

·
Registered
131 Posts
you'll have probs with the zr immoblilser and the remote start it can be done but it aint cheap you'll have too have your ecu sent 2 best of british for them to take the immoblilser out as for total closure its stright forward i wouldnt recommend falcon the alarms are slow and fulse alarm all the time id recommend toad,autowatch,magicar,meta

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you'll have probs with the zr immoblilser and the remote start it can be done but it aint cheap you'll have too have your ecu sent 2 best of british for them to take the immoblilser out as for total closure its stright forward i wouldnt recommend falcon the alarms are slow and fulse alarm all the time id recommend toad,autowatch,magicar,meta
so what price am i looking at for a decent system, and sending the ecu to best of british. also, whats fitting going to be like.

has it ever been successfully done on a ZR?

·
Registered
131 Posts
some prices i used too charge too give you a guide line

toad ai606 with remote start 280

autowatch with remote start 260

magicar 2way pager with remote start 320

total closure if fitted same time as alarm 40 if not 60

ecu unlock from best of british is about 50 ish

hope this helps but prices might av come down since i was trading 2 years ago

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is that just fitting? sound expensive. the local auto electrician says he charges £30 an hour

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, sounds good, 300 quid was what i was looking at paying for alarm + remote start + total closure fitted.

·
Registered
583 Posts
My mate bought a Falcon alarm with LCD pager and remote start for £150 new last weekend, and it's that hard, we've done it all apart from the remote start which he's not bothered about having! So it's all a doddle apart from the remote start and immobiliser bits!

And the pager thing is dead good because it tells you you're alarm is going off from up to a mile away!

·
Registered
84 Posts
i had a falcon i fitted to my saxo when i had that, but i took it off as that the car got written off and was planning on putting it on my mg but havent got round to it yet slight mods for it to be put on saxo because of coded key but i brought a relay for the immobiliser.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts