MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does ayone know if MG can connect upto there T4 machine and switch the beep on my standard alarm o n so when i lock it, its give a little chirp to say its locked?? Basically the reason I ask this is cos my mate took his Audi TT in to the stealers and they activated his beeper on alarm and also activitated it so his windows go up when you hold the lock button on fob also he has anti jack activated just wondered if MGH Rover deactivate some options?!?!

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
i would like it if they do but i doubt they do!! Know a few peeps with "beeps" but only on aftermarket alarms!!

G

·
I am pretty certain you cant. There is a 'warbling' alarm, but this is just to alert the user that the immobilser is active (If you want to check this out yourself, unlock the car, remove the remote control unit and leve it well outside the car or indoors and then try and start the car. You will find that you cant and the immobilser will give you a warbling tone to alert you to this fact.

·
Registered
446 Posts
funny you should say that light sabre quite often i get in the car,put the keys in and when i goto turn ignition bloody thing keeps beepin at me and car wont start sometimes i have to take key out and put back in a couple of times for it to work :blink2:

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
press the unlock button on the fob bully, should stop it.

G

·
On my old 214Si, If I turned the engine off and then left it for a few minutes and then tried to start it again, I would get a warbling tone to tell me the immobiliser was engaged and I had to press either of the 2 buttons on the fob to disable it. With the later models/25/ZR, they refined the system by putting a passive transducer coil within the ignition switch assembly. Now when you go to start the engine, the transducer coil interrogates the key fob and as long as the correct fob is in the vicinity, it will allow the car to start so no more having to press buttons to disable the immobilser. Thats siad I have had to have my ignition switch assembly replaced as I was getting intermittant starting problems whaich wad diagnosed and sttributed to this coil. All fixed now though

·
Registered
145 Posts
yeah yeah, you just press the unlock button when the key is still in, its annoying and means you sometimes cant get a quick getaway!!no idea why it bleeps!

G

·
I dont think that the coil sends a continuous signal, I think it is a pulsed current, so if you happen to turn the key before the coil has pulsed a circuit, received the reply from the fob and then checked it agains the internal settings, then you may well get the beep.

Thats said, I have never had a problem like that since they changed the switch in my ZR

·
Registered
43 Posts
my r200 does this if u open the drivers door, then shut it and then open it again, aslong as the keys are not in.... the mg, never had this, even when u leave the car open for hours...leave the rover for any longer than a min and it warbles every time..

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
there is no option to make for the tone to sound when the alarm is armed, as for the problem with the imobillizer tone make sure the plip is on the same ring as the key and make sure you only have one plip on the ring coz the plips cancel each other out

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
when i set my alarm i can hear a constant tone coming from engine bay, any1 else noticed this, mine a 51plate

·
1,232 Posts
I've noticed when I get out of my car I can sometimes here a tone.. thought that was just the engine cooling down or something.

I think getting your windows to automatically close would be good though

·
Registered
605 Posts
I get a small constant tone coming from under the bonnet after turning the engine off........... it goes off after about 2 minutes.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
i really wouldnt want it to do that, i dont even like it flashing, beep look look im leaving my car, its locked but im leaving it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts