MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Quickshift Taipan 2 filter but want to get more air into it........want to fit a scoop of some sort under the car with a 75mm diameter outlet for the pipe..........any ideas, cant be too big tho.

Have thought about modding an inverted bonnet scoop..........but im open to suggestions

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Problem with having intakes close to the road (especially closed systems) is the amount of extra debris and water you will pick up down there, also with a closed system if you hit a deep puddle/ford, you can get water into the cylinders which will cause a hydraulic lock and possibly bend/break your con rods.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i have been looking at the same problem - there are brake ducts angled at 45 degrees that might do it or exhaust tail pipes maybe angled by an exhaust fitter like powerflow

i was thinking of taking it from behind the lower grill with a scoop going sidewards under the battery and then up and back across to the filter although you would have to widen the hole through the plate under the passenger side lights - on the xpower website they show an induction kit with a plastic air scoop dont know what it is though

if you come up with any good ideas post it up as i am getting a diavolo system soon and want to get the best air flow to it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts